+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High Tech Notts using new camera technology

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I just want out of this bloody poxy league....
    Try clicking your heels together three times and saying "There's no place like League 2, there's no place like League 2"

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Try clicking your heels together three times and saying "There's no place like League 2, there's no place like League 2"
    Does head against brick wall count

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    True, but even then it was always too high for Jason Lee!
    The truth is it wasn't. The long ball to Jason Lee was definitely the main tactic, but that season it worked. A squad of leftovers cobbled together at the last minute actually managed to finish in comfortable mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Does head against brick wall count
    Not sure. But we need better than 3-3 each week that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The truth is it wasn't. The long ball to Jason Lee was definitely the main tactic, but that season it worked. A squad of leftovers cobbled together at the last minute actually managed to finish in comfortable mid-table.
    Effective or not as you will remember it was horrific to watch, barely football at times. Midfield bypassed completely for most of the game. The tactic was a definitive one that's for sure, centre back or ideally full back launch as far and as high as you can to give Big Jason to get there to challenge (which he often won) and others to pick up the scraps high up the pitch. If we lost it, then try midfielders only job was to get the ball back to repeat the launch.

There were hardly any passes on the ground, no tidy triangles, no patterns of play, no third man runs. Everyone knew the tactic in the stadium. We won games using it, it was probably the best tactic to adopt with that limited squad but it was no fun to watch. Best just finding out the score on Teletext.

My old man's neck never recovered from Thomson's time in charge.

Hoooooofff! Gerrriittt forward.

Limited time only please

To be fair we had a wonderful night in the League Cup beating Southampton 2-0, then went and lost in the next round at home to blooming Wycombe who funnily enough finished above us on GD having won, lost and drawn an identical number of games!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Effective or not as you will remember it was horrific to watch, barely football at times.
    I preferred it far more than what followed, which was McParland's idea of "passing football". It was basically pass it repeatedly across the back four, then hoof it aimlessly forward. At least under Thompson we saw goalmouth action at both ends, while under McParland we would often go 45 minutes without getting close to a shot on goal.

Dreadful football, dreadful man.

I preferred it far more than what followed, which was McParland's idea of "passing football". It was basically pass it repeatedly across the back four, then hoof it aimlessly forward. At least under Thompson we saw goalmouth action at both ends, while under McParland we would often go 45 minutes without getting close to a shot on goal.
    Did you see many, if any, passes along the turf to another Notts player during Thommo's time in charge? I mean an intended short range pass that had possibly been worked on in training? I didn't. It was caveman football and that's being very kind.

It was hoofball not football but it could be effective it was just non fun for specators.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Dreadful football, dreadful man.
    True but he funny in post match interviews and that seemed to convince some of the locals and make them forget the 90 mins they'd just witnessed.

I felt sorry for the Junior Magpies.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast