+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: High Tech Notts using new camera technology

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As Archimedes once shouted, EUREKA!

Without wanting to break any rules, I can't let the fact laddo openly admits that Ardley was a poor appointment pass without comment. The reason is that laddo sprang to prominence on this board by repeatedly ridiculing anyone who suggested that Ardley wasn't the solution to our problems. Anyone who thought we should get rid was mocked and taunted mercilessly. This isn't my opinion, it was there for all to see in glorious technicolour. What happened when the owners decided we should get rid? What happened is that laddo jumped ship, severed all ties with Ardley, and installed himself in the driving seat of the Burchnall Bandwagon!

Add smiley faces and 'lols' to your own taste, but is anything I've said factually incorrect?
    Well at the moment we are all on board Burchnall wagon, and we wish him at Notts County the very best of luck

In the end though Burchnall will be judged by his results or lack of them

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You are missing the point it has absolutely nothing to do with Ardley or Fullarton. It's criticism of the owners Davy, Trew and Hardy both far too trigger happy, far too influenced by fans wishes, far too eager to please, far too involved with supporters on social media and the internet.

Both Ardley and Fullarton proved to be poor appointments, the fact is neither should have even been given the chance to manager Notts.

Moniz to Fullarton

Nolan to Kewell to Ardley.

None of the above are good swaps of managers which is basically what Raymundo and Little Al chose to do. Nobody else just them.

Like I said this isn't a chicken and egg situation, the order is there for all to see.

As you've said if you are going to fire and manager you better hire someone as good , or ideally better. They didn't.
    Think that has long been our problem from when we were in the top 2 leagues, replacing managers with usually worse ones. classic example when allardyce left replacing him with gary brazil . The blame can not all be put at the hands of the owners though, there are no guarantees, a manager, or for that matter a player can look good on paper, and fail to deliver, hindsight is a wonderfull thing.

At the moment the current owners seem a safe pair of hands, yet they have achieved nothing yet in the 2 years they have been at Notts, mainly because in my opinion they stuck with the wrong man for nearly 2 seasons., most chairman were popular in their earlier years, even Trew and Hardy, without which there would have been no club at all
    Given that we now operate in tier 5, it is difficult to see how the current owners can really fail, or how notts can drop lower ..

Talking of high tech, we could do with a couple of these. Wages would be cheap but transfer fees might well be pricey?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's an interesting tool and something the vast majority of clubs at this level won't have access to, but as you say we have to see if it makes a difference. I still think 'want it more that the other team' is the most potent tactic, and I hope the current squad has been assembled with that in mind rather than what seems good on a statistical computer projection.
    I can only agree on that point. It's been our biggest nemesis since our relegation IMHO. I am concerned that this squad is a little bit 'made of glass. We will see how the cameras help us when Eastleigh are sticking the boot into Callum and Ruben and trying to grind out a point on a cold January night at Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I can only agree on that point. It's been our biggest nemesis since our relegation IMHO. I am concerned that this squad is a little bit 'made of glass. We will see how the cameras help us when Eastleigh are sticking the boot into Callum and Ruben and trying to grind out a point on a cold January night at Meadow Lane.
    You always need ball winners as well as ball players, we will have to wait and see whether we have the right blend.

It's a very good point, ball winners are *****. You need possession of the ball in games and winning the midfield battle is important in any game.

Will be interesting to see whether we do have a good blend#balance

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    You always need ball winners as well as ball players, we will have to wait and see whether we have the right blend.
    Agree with this, we have had a problem with teams playing through us for awhile, was Yates the last decent centre mid who put his foot in? Some of the defensive cover from Reeves and Doyle last season was inbarrasing. Once Lacey is fit could he play there maybe as well as another option?

I do get the impression though that IB is not a manager to put up with being a bunch of fannies when it comes to putting your foot in. He wants to get up the leagues like us and won't let players mess that up for him or us as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Agree with this, we have had a problem with teams playing through us for awhile, was Yates the last decent centre mid who put his foot in? Some of the defensive cover from Reeves and Doyle last season was inbarrasing. Once Lacey is fit could he play there maybe as well as another option?

I do get the impression though that IB is not a manager to put up with being a bunch of fannies when it comes to putting your foot in. He wants to get up the leagues like us and won't let players mess that up for him or us as a club.
    I think Francis and Palmer will both do what's necessary this season with putting a foot in. As for IB I'd agree based on his interview where he smiled about young McGregor giving Roberts(?) a little nibble in a practice match.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a very good point, ball winners are *****. You need possession of the ball in games and winning the midfield battle is important in any game.

Will be interesting to see whether we do have a good blend#balance
    Ball winners are v­ital?

Yes , I'm pretty sure that's what I put lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast