+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Tech Notts using new camera technology

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Did you see many, if any, passes along the turf to another Notts player during Thommo's time in charge? I mean an intended short range pass that had possibly been worked on in training? I didn't. It was caveman football and that's being very kind.

It was hoofball not football but it could be effective it was just non fun for specators.
    At least we stayed in League 2, not relegated playing boring crap.

Did you see many, if any, passes along the turf to another Notts player during Thommo's time in charge? I mean an intended short range pass that had possibly been worked on in training? I didn't.
    No, I didn't see many short range passes under Thompson. I'm glad of that, because we just didn't have the players back then with anywhere near enough ability to make a short passing game work. What Steve Thompson did was to get the most out of a very limited bunch. He didn't ask them to do things they weren't capable of doing, he played to their strengths instead, which was route one football. That was where McParland went so badly wrong. He tried to get similarly limited players to pass the ball. Because they were limited, nearly all of those passes were sideways or backwards before the inevitable aimless boot forward. That was the most boring football I've seen at Meadow Lane in over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    At least we stayed in League 2, not relegated playing boring crap.
    Thats always the easy basic response when we talk of past cr@p managers like Thompson, Ince et al. "At least we were in League 2....."

If you don't want to get relegated don't concede nearly 2 goals a game, don't have 3 managers during a single season, don't be an absolute joke off the pitch and make the whole club an embarrassment. Avoid those and you will remain a League 2 side no matter what footballing style you adopt.

Thats always the easy basic response when we talk of past cr@p managers like Thompson, Ince et al. "At least we were in League 2....."

If you don't want to get relegated don't concede nearly 2 goals a game, don't have 3 managers during a single season, don't be an absolute joke off the pitch and make the whole club an embarrassment. Avoid those and you will remain a League 2 side no matter what footballing style you adopt.
    Don't appoint Ardley!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Don't appoint Ardley!
    That would have been a good move for sure. If you don't sack Nolan and then Kewell shortly after we wouldn't have needed to appoint Ardley. True story.

It's not a chicken and egg situation, we all know which came first.

That would have been a good move for sure. If you don't sack Nolan and then Kewell shortly after we wouldn't have needed to appoint Ardley. True story.

It's not a chicken and egg situation, we all know which came first.
    Sacking the first two did not mean that Ardley had to be appointed, that was the real mistake.

Be interesting to see whether the new technology helps IB though.

Weeks before Murphy and Tommo were appointed summer 1995. Pavis interviewed Sammy McIlroy for the job who'd just won the 5th tier with Macc Town. They were denied promotion because their ground wasn't up to FL standards but McIlroy eventually got them all the way up to the 3rd tier three years later. Hard to imagine he would have done any worse at Notts than the dreaded duo.

You are right it didn't, that was Hardy's choice and he handpicked Ardley.

However it's a moot point if he doesn't sack Nolan (or then Kewell) that season nobody new (including NA) would have been appointed.

You are right it didn't, that was Hardy's choice and he handpicked Ardley.

However it's a moot point if he doesn't sack Nolan (or then Kewell) that season nobody new (including NA) would have been appointed.
    Funny how fullarton does not survive the the same excuses, ie in trew sacking managers, and putting the club up for sale

Will this system stop the sloppy goals and help the forwards score the easy chances that's been missed previously
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 30-07-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast