+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What puzzles me

What puzzles me

Is arbitration has been put back a year to give Premier League more time to submit evidence.

If they did not have sufficient evidence last year then how could they block the takeover.

Surely Ashley's lawyers can use this in his case against the Premier League,in a criminal court of law this case would be done and dusted with the Prem being the guilty party.

All I saw of this in terms of official info was the initial announcement - that there were 'issues over disclosure of evidence'. I know from the immediate reaction on socials that people are taking this to mean that stuff has been withheld, but it could be the opposite problem, which is that too much stuff has been turned over without the other side having time to properly look at it. So the PL might be saying there's sufficient evidence, but not sufficient time to prepare a case using that evidence. Or it could be the other way around - the PL might have disclosed a bunch of emails or something at the last minute to try and deliberately force a delay, knowing we wouldn't have enough time to go through them and see if they helped or hindered our case. If there's stuff in there that contradicts our line of argument, that could be a problem since we wouldn't have had any time to investigate the situation and find an explanation for it.

Either way, the lawyers are no doubt earning more now.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Is arbitration has been put back a year to give Premier League more time to submit evidence.

If they did not have sufficient evidence last year then how could they block the takeover.

Surely Ashley's lawyers can use this in his case against the Premier League,in a criminal court of law this case would be done and dusted with the Prem being the guilty party.
    The PL asked for the first delay for evidence which was granted, i have a feeling its the club that have asked for the second delay, to get the CAT case heard first. If the CAT case gets heard first, then as soon as the disclosure part is reached (usually around the 6 weeks mark) the club claim to have damning evidence against the PL that will expose the truth.

The PL need to look as though they are going against the club at every turn to save face, especially if the evidence is that the top 6 and BeIn were blackmailing them to stop the takeover, then theres the super league etc to take into account.

The Jurisdiction hearing at the end of September is a formality, CAT does not involve separation from PIF and MBS.

People kicking off on social media saying its delaying tactics and we are screwed etc.

The facts are, the courts for competition cases close in a week or 2 until the end of September, our case is the first to get heard after the summer shutdown, so by middle of November we will be at the juicy part where everything comes out.

The big question is, will the Saudi's hang around if we are in the bottom 3 come Christmas time. Steve Bruce wont be here by then like, he had heart problems when there were no crowds in the stadium, he wont hack the venom from our fans when things go like last season, and all his media pals and his son that have backed him instead of telling him the truth will be to blame for him either keeling over or becoming poorly from stress.

I dont like him but i dont wish him any harm

just adding, even if the Saudi's walk away, the CAT case still goes ahead because its simply for Ashley's compensation and to prove illegal goings on in the PL and big 6. The can of worms will be open.
    Last edited by TANYA_; 29-07-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)