+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-4 players needed - work needed

Traore at 30M from Wolves is an ambitious bid, he would be an ideal addition but reports say he wants Champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Given that God prefers to work with a non bloated squad, aren't Struijk, Llorente and Koch back up for Phillips? A bit like Spurs situ with Kane it's not easy signing a PL quality player willing to shadow someone integral to the team from the bench.
    With the promotion we should expect to see a higher level of signings in the U23's.

It’s my point exactly stomps, we have the talent we just need to get them primed, takes time, devotion etc but I believe we have 3 or 4 players ready to let loose! Every single player in the world has done this…..as a club over the years we have brought some real talent through we have a bunch under starter orders……imo.

Apparently, we find our midfielder with a keen eye for goal.

Given that God prefers to work with a non bloated squad, aren't Struijk, Llorente and Koch back up for Phillips? A bit like Spurs situ with Kane it's not easy signing a PL quality player willing to shadow someone integral to the team from the bench.
    With the promotion we should expect to see a higher level of signings in the U23's.
    I think both we and he saw that none of them are quite good enough for that role. There is a reason we only won 2 games without Phillips last year

Traore at 30M from Wolves is an ambitious bid, he would be an ideal addition but reports say he wants Champions league.
    He is crap absolutley no end product.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    He is crap absolutley no end product.
    aren’t you missing the point a bit, we aren’t at that place of buying end product and have gone for possibly some of the best coaching there is. Phillip’s was getting slagged by many 2 seasons ago, as have Bamford, Harrison and more.
    I have every confidence from what he has achieved MB would greatly improve Traore and no doubt he is involved with any sanctioning of transfer targets..

aren’t you missing the point a bit, we aren’t at that place of buying end product and have gone for possibly some of the best coaching there is. Phillip’s was getting slagged by many 2 seasons ago, as have Bamford, Harrison and more.
    I have every confidence from what he has achieved MB would greatly improve Traore and no doubt he is involved with any sanctioning of transfer targets..
    Spot on...

I think 30m for someone with no end product is ludicrous is my point. Bielsa can't teach Traore how to cross, he is someone who teaches people tactically what to do, how to move, where to be, makes them fitter and stronger. Traores issues are technical.

For 30m there are other players I would rather we sign - Noah Lang, Ryan Kent, Cunha, Camavinga, Gonzalez, Joelson Fernandes would all be available for that money or less. Quite liked the look of Gosens in the Euros or Laimer too who can both cover several positions.

Don’t think he will come to us anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I think 30m for someone with no end product is ludicrous is my point. Bielsa can't teach Traore how to cross, he is someone who teaches people tactically what to do, how to move, where to be, makes them fitter and stronger. Traores issues are technical.
    Why can't he be improved on his crossing??? It's no different to improving passing as with Phillips. Traore played in a team last season without a proper Striker and Santo changing to a defensive game plan and he lost his play partner Matt Doherty who he had a great understanding with... He's great on the break running inside leaving space on the wing... Barca and Chelsea are in the hunt for him, so he must have something... 30M as ridiculous as it sounds isnt that much for a PL player

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)