+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-4 players needed - work needed

Trarore has the makings of a monster. In the right hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Trarore has the makings of a monster. In the right hands.
    Yep, knows the PL, he would provide tremendous counter attacking speed and a real physical presence in the last third, worries the hell out of defenders, not the finished article i accept...sadly seems he wants champions league but we live in hope

Two first team players in - Firpo and the new GK

Hope we get at least one more given the outgoings but if not then maybe that means he is going to use more of the u23 - Greenwood seems to be getting first team friendly game time.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Two first team players in - Firpo and the new GK

Hope we get at least one more given the outgoings but if not then maybe that means he is going to use more of the u23 - Greenwood seems to be getting first team friendly game time.
    If we don't get a centre midfielder in I'd be very worried, I have full faith in Bielsa getting the most out of players but without someone in there I see us struggling.

An injury to Phillips and with way our squad currently is we'd be ****ed, I liked Forshaw but 2 years out I've no hope of him remaining fit nor do I really think he is good enough for top 10 push.

For me we still need 3 players- Box to Box centre mid for the starting 11, back up defensive mid for Phillips (maybe a younger kid), Back up winger (and sell Costa or loan him out)

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    If we don't get a centre midfielder in I'd be very worried, I have full faith in Bielsa getting the most out of players but without someone in there I see us struggling.

An injury to Phillips and with way our squad currently is we'd be ****ed, I liked Forshaw but 2 years out I've no hope of him remaining fit nor do I really think he is good enough for top 10 push.

For me we still need 3 players- Box to Box centre mid for the starting 11, back up defensive mid for Phillips (maybe a younger kid), Back up winger (and sell Costa or loan him out)
    I hear you but think it will be more likely another two at most. I agree midfield is one key injury away from being worrying.

With Bera, Casilla, Pablo and Alioski gone there must be a chunk of wage budget freed up too.

I hear you but think it will be more likely another two at most. I agree midfield is one key injury away from being worrying.

With Bera, Casilla, Pablo and Alioski gone there must be a chunk of wage budget freed up too.
    I'd be happy with two as long as our young wingers are capable of stepping up when needed like Summerville, Gelhardt, Poveda etc as I've not much faith in Costa.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'd be happy with two as long as our young wingers are capable of stepping up when needed like Summerville, Gelhardt, Poveda etc as I've not much faith in Costa.
    I know not Orem league level but Summerville has looked great in the friendlies - fast, direct, stays on his feet and good end ball.

I know not Orem league level but Summerville has looked great in the friendlies - fast, direct, stays on his feet and good end ball.
    He has looked promising, think with players like him and Gelhardt they going to need tougher opposition to play against to really develop to that next level.

There is only so far they can develop playing against u23 defenders even if they are in the top division so hopefully they start getting first team chances to learn the ropes

Annoyingly the best player i've seen so far is Cresswell and that is one position we have an abundance, though the young kid Lewis Bate did look very good once he got into the game

Agreed - Cresswell looks to have it all - and thought Charlie Allan looked good too to say he is only 17 - looks to have filled out a bit physically.

Drameh looks like a Rolls Royce when in full flow going forward hope that translates to his next step up too.

Agreed - Cresswell looks to have it all - and thought Charlie Allan looked good too to say he is only 17 - looks to have filled out a bit physically.

Drameh looks like a Rolls Royce when in full flow going forward hope that translates to his next step up too.
    I've liked Drameh but seen him getting mugged off quite a bit defensively which is why I think he isn't making the step up

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)