+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3-4 players needed - work needed

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Back ups for a reason joel...not good enough to start and in truth we need better back up.

Poveda - skilful but too lightweight.
    Costa - has one decent game every 40.
    Forshaw - injury prone and probably needs to retire.
    Roberts - after 3 years of Bielsaball still doesn't convince me he has what it takes.

Sorry pete if my opinion doesn't agree with yours but that is how I see it but will be delighted to eat humble pie if proven wrong.

MOT
    I don't even think they're good enough back ups thats my problem, they're all likely to make 20+ appearances in starts and subs and I wouldn't trust one of them to change a game or do a really good job from the start.

I like Poveda but he is very much all fancy skill and hoping for best, love his effort but for me he is 2 years off being a good player.

Forshaw.....just no, I liked him in Championship and would have been fine with him in our squad but 2 years out I just don't see it, I wasn't convinced he was PL quality pre-injury.

Costa....Like you say, turns up one game with a good goal or 2 then disappears for the rest.

Roberts....I really want to like him but I just don't see it, he isn't a good goalscorer, he isn't very creative, he isn't quick, doesn't hold it up......I'm happy for him to be in the squad and be an option but thats about it.

Honestly watching that friendly Summerville looked more threatening than Costa or Poveda and him and Dean linked up better than any of our attackers in the first 45

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    The four you mention probably Roberts apart havent played that much, This Ajax team are very very good,i fear for the match later...
    Forshaw has had more practice games than anyone and first thing he did was get caught in possesion and give away a goal against kids.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Forshaw has had more practice games than anyone and first thing he did was get caught in possesion and give away a goal against kids.
    You must have missed my earlier post saying he wasnt good enough, And Summerville, He is on the bench tonight..

Ajax up 1-0 inside 2 min. Not a good start.

In a very ordinary game we had Cooper Costa Roberts Foreshaw Pov oh I see why it was ordinary lol. The worst was Ajax had kids playing we were resting most of ours.
    Seriously folks watching this do you have faith in our reinforcements if we get injuries like last season?

Faffing about at the back 1-0 Ajax

Where our new LB dallas is playing there

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    In a very ordinary game we had Cooper Costa Roberts Foreshaw Pov oh I see why it was ordinary lol. The worst was Ajax had kids playing we were resting most of ours.
    Seriously folks watching this do you have faith in our reinforcements if we get injuries like last season?
    We look decent enough - Ajax are a very good technical team. The main difference - and this was noticeable in the u23 fixture - is that they are much more careful at protecting the ball with passes generally being to areas where it is harder for the defender to get it - not sure we are that precise yet.

I know its only pre-season but feck me our defence looks a tad iffy

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Where our new LB dallas is playing there
    Minor knock oz so rested as a precaution.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)