+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benson signs

Benson signs

…….. great news.
    Well thought of.

Not on official site yet but is on Burnley’s.

On official website now .

Welcome Josh and let's hope your time here is successful .

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20.../benson-signs/

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Very well thought of ,had a contract lasting another 2+1 years at Burnley.I think the desire to get first team action now rather than building up his career in Burnleys first team squad may have swayed his decision to sign for us.I honestly believe he will be straight in to our first team.We've done it before with Brownhill and Pearson and this lad will follow in there footsteps.

4yr deal. He's certainly got good pedigree. Good signing for me. We should be looking to get more lads in from the Premiership peripherals. Barring Frimpong we ent edda bad un really but thuv always been brought in on loan rather than signed permanent. The likes of Ashley Fletcher, Ryan Kent, Adam Armstrong, Matty James, Harvey Barnes and Ollie Mcburnie in recent years.

Good luck to young Benson, thaz gorra good opportunity here, mek it crack lad.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It will be interesting to hear what position the owners believe needs strengthening in midfield.
    He clearly isn’t the older head in midfield that Schopp was talking about.

On the face of it we have more midfielders than yer can shake a stick at.
    So is it a signing to allow the formation to go from 343 to 352 - or is it a left sided appointment to allow Styles into the middle?

I think this lad may well have been tempted elsewhere the last couple of seasons as I understand there was interest from a couple of other championship clubs .

Last season's play off spot may well have given the club a bit more clout and we are hopefully starting to see some very good young lads at PL clubs willing to drop down and join us in the championship with the knowledge they will have the opportunity here to progress and take the longer route back to the PL .

Haven't seen a bad comment about Josh from the Burnley faithful across a number of social media platforms .

Three or four saying this will come back to bite them .

I generally find the selling club's fans view is a very good barometer when judging a signing none of us know too much about .

Very excited about this lad .

Hafe past 7 Setdi neet "Citeh swoop for Burnsley midfielder Benson" although the fee is likely to be Undisclosed , sources say a fee around £15m with ad ons , Gundagon moving to Oakwell as part of the Deal ! Good luck Josh ,

If hes as good at footy as he used to be as a butler, then we will have made a good little signing there.

I mainly judge new signings by how the selling clubs fans react to the player leaving! Twitter is awash with fans stating they are saddened that Benson has not been given enough playing time to establish himself and all are saying we have got a great player who likes a free kick! That’s good enough for me.