+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone be sorry to see Woodrow go ???

Would anyone be sorry to see Woodrow go ???

I know I wouldn’t.
    Rumours on Twitter that other clubs are interested.
    IMO - he did nothing significant last season and was very much overshadowed when Dike and Morris joined the club.
    He ain’t been the same player since Kieffer left the club.
    Is he likely to pick up now Obbi is at the club ie a player similar to Kieffer.
    I doubt it.
    If Leya joins - then I can see Woodrow becoming the 5th choice striker behind Morris, Obbi, Cole and Leya.

Woodrow is one of the few real quality players we have at the club.

Muscle -bound lads chasing aimless hoofs up the pitch are not a patch on him.

# 'Ave it.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-07-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Woodrow is one of the few real quality players we have at the club.

Muscle -bound lads chasing aimless hoofs up the pitch are not a patch on him.

# 'Ave it.
    Dike and Morris, those muscle bound lads, were largely responsible for getting us to 5th.
    Schmidt and Chaplin are IMO good strikers but have been found to be too lightweight for the Championship - they are easily knocked off the ball.
    This also applies to Woodrow.

We heard it from the football commentary time and time again last season ……. ‘ball knocked forward to Woodrow ….. he loses the ball’.
    Nothing stuck when the ball was played up to Woodrow. And the club will have stats on that.
    Hence the signing of Dike and Morris in January.
    Woodrow neither has a turn of pace.

Yes I do realise Woodrow and Mowatt are fans favourites - but IMO they were the weak links in the side last season.
    But …. as always …. it’s just my opinion.

Why Woodrow gets criticised by some al nivver know. The lad is quality and wi art his goals wid be noweer. 42 goals in 113 games for Barnsley, 28 of those in the championship. Struber laiked him art o position and his confidence went. Hardly surprising when a natural goalscorer is laiked art o position and dint hit back ot net for a few weeks. He's our best striker in my opinion and a solid professional. Captain material if I ever saw it and proven at this level.

I'd like to see him and Morris as a pairing. They'd rattle in 30 between them this season I reckon. He's first choice and rightly so, not fkin 5th!! Devante Cole ahead of him? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Dike and Morris, those muscle bound lads, were largely responsible for getting us to 5th.
    Schmidt and Chaplin are IMO good strikers but have been found to be too lightweight for the Championship - they are easily knocked off the ball.
    This also applies to Woodrow.

We heard it from the football commentary time and time again last season ……. ‘ball knocked forward to Woodrow ….. he loses the ball’.
    Nothing stuck when the ball was played up to Woodrow. And the club will have stats on that.
    Hence the signing of Dike and Morris in January.
    Woodrow neither has a turn of pace.

Yes I do realise Woodrow and Mowatt are fans favourites - but IMO they were the weak links in the side last season.
    But …. as always …. it’s just my opinion.

Mowatt and Woodrow weak links? Gi ore. Val obviously saw their worth. They were first names on teamsheet last season and up there with the most starts last season out of the whole squad. They were lynchpins of the team and did a fine job helping us reach the playoffs but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Mowatt and Woodrow weak links? Gi ore. Val obviously saw their worth. They were first names on teamsheet last season and up there with the most starts last season out of the whole squad. They were lynchpins of the team and did a fine job helping us reach the playoffs but that's just my opinion.
    It’s a wind up pass !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    It’s a wind up pass !
    Why - are you wound up ?
    And are you wound up because someone has a different opinion to you ?
    Or ….. are you just trying to wind up Pass by suggesting it’s a wind up ?

I do opinions …… I don’t do wind ups.
    PS …… I hope this hasn’t wound you up!!!

Why - are you wound up ?
    And are you wound up because someone has a different opinion to you ?
    Or ….. are you just trying to wind up Pass by suggesting it’s a wind up ?

I do opinions …… I don’t do wind ups.
    PS …… I hope this hasn’t wound you up!!!
    Criticizing one of our best consistent performers, I see it as a bit of a wind up.
    I noticed you didn’t even have Woodrow in your match day squad against Cardiff but included the injured Victor lol.
    If it’s not a wind up then I find it very hard to understand but then again it’s all about opinions.
    Obbi Cole and Leya I hope they hit the ground running but Woodrows proven at this level scoring more goals than all of them put together.
    First striker on the team sheet for me is Cauley having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes nothing surprises me these days but it will be all about balancing the books.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 30-07-2021 at 02:32 PM.

I know I wouldn’t.
    Rumours on Twitter that other clubs are interested.
    IMO - he did nothing significant last season and was very much overshadowed when Dike and Morris joined the club.
    He ain’t been the same player since Kieffer left the club.
    Is he likely to pick up now Obbi is at the club ie a player similar to Kieffer.
    I doubt it.
    If Leya joins - then I can see Woodrow becoming the 5th choice striker behind Morris, Obbi, Cole and Leya.
    50 goals for the club in 2.5 seasons , 30 of em in the championship .

Try replacing that for £800k .

End of story .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Criticizing one of our best consistent performers, I see it as a bit of a wind up.
    I noticed you didn’t even have Woodrow in your match day squad against Cardiff but included the injured Victor lol.
    If it’s not a wind up then I find it very hard to understand but then again it’s all about opinions.
    Obbi Cole and Leya I hope they hit the ground running but Woodrows proven at this level scoring more goals than all of them put together.
    First striker on the team sheet for me is Cauley having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes nothing surprises me these days but it will be all about balancing the books.
    That’s a fair comment.
    I know I’m in the minority on this but those are my opinions.
    If the Woodrow that played alongside Kieffer reappeared then no one would be more pleased than me.

Schopp’s style of play may suit Woodrow better.
    Instead of long balls from back to front which forwards have then to wrestle for….. shorter passes from midfield for strikers to run on to.
    We will see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast