+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch, usa v mexico?

Mitch, usa v mexico?

I think both teams can consider themselves extremely lucky to be in the final. If Canada and Qatar had took a fraction of the chances they created yesterday it would be a different game.

Two very entertaining games though, real blood and thunder stuff as I suspect the final will be. Got to think Mexico will win, not impressed at all with what I have seen of the USA.

On the day though, who knows!

USA’s B squad. The goalie has impressed me. He’s saved their hide several times throughout the tournament. I’ve been impressed with a few individuals - Turner, Dike, Moore, Sands and Busio - but the team as a whole has been pretty awful.

Wouldn’t be a CONCACAF tournament without Mexico getting a penalty in stoppage time They haven’t been all that great either but I would be surprised if the US beat them. Lozano got knocked out in the first group stage game with a bad concussion. A few of their top guys are at the Olympics. But they still have more quality than the US at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    USA’s B squad. The goalie has impressed me. He’s saved their hide several times throughout the tournament. I’ve been impressed with a few individuals - Turner, Dike, Moore, Sands and Busio - but the team as a whole has been pretty awful.

Wouldn’t be a CONCACAF tournament without Mexico getting a penalty in stoppage time They haven’t been all that great either but I would be surprised if the US beat them. Lozano got knocked out in the first group stage game with a bad concussion. A few of their top guys are at the Olympics. But they still have more quality than the US at the moment
    I would agree. I sure the game will be hectic to begin with but once it settles down and football begins to be played there is only one winner really and I doubt it will be the US.

So what is your forecast for the "big game" Mitch? I'm going for 2-1 Mexico with a red card for each side, minimum!

I’m thinking 4-2 Mexico. They get a couple goals early and then trade goals with US the rest of the way.

I’m thinking 4-2 Mexico. They get a couple goals early and then trade goals with US the rest of the way.
    A goal "fest"! Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    A goal "fest"! Let's hope so.
    I’m hoping for some goals. US has won four of their five games by the score of 1-0. At least Mexico - and this is something I appreciate about South American teams of all calibers as well - try to score at almost all times. Very few park the bus in any circumstances. Always exciting

I’m hoping for some goals. US has won four of their five games by the score of 1-0. At least Mexico - and this is something I appreciate about South American teams of all calibers as well - try to score at almost all times. Very few park the bus in any circumstances. Always exciting
    The Mexican league has just started and watching the games is so refreshing compared to the over coached and to me increasingly sterile Premiership. Nearly all the games are open, lots of skill and some great goals. Very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I would agree. I sure the game will be hectic to begin with but once it settles down and football begins to be played there is only one winner really and I doubt it will be the US.
    Game as predicted so far, Mexico getting more threatening as it loosens up, although the US have had two or three chances, one of them a sitter really.

Second half!

As entertaining as a scoreless match could be. Both teams should probably have a goal or two. Our clearances are giving me a heart attack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)