+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Glad that final whistle has gone.

Man City ……. 2nd Half

Finished 4-0.
    Basically it doesn’t seem like Schopp knows his best 11 yet.
    But better 2nd half because
    B,Williams on for Oduor.
    Sibbick on for Moon.
    2nd half we looked quicker and more solid in defence.

Benson came on for Palmer - and looked impressive.
    Good touches and quick. Also good with spot kicks, corners.
    Looks like a more mobile Mcgeehan.

Our main concern is that we didn’t show anything in attack.
    Morris and Frieser ploughing a lone furrow.
    Were replaced by Thompson and Ritzy - who did nothing.
    Woodrow stayed on and had a couple of long shots that came to nothing.

We tried to ‘out pass’ Man City - one of the best in the world at doing that.
    Even tho we were playing Man City the players looked shocked that they had lost.
    I hope this isn’t going to dent their confidence.
    Schopp has a lot of work to do.

We looked far better when Sibbick , Ben Williams and Benson came on .

I take the point that the team City put out with the young talent they have complimented by four or five serial winners would absolutely walk the championship .

Massive change in philosophy with the playing out from the back and that will take time to come to fruition although with Benson offering an option we looked far better in that second half .

Benson looked a very good composed young player .

Definitely an opportunity for Ben Williams to claim that left wing back spot and Sibbick is an absolute shoe in to start alongside Helik and Kitching

This is definitely a work in progress and certain posters may need to lower their expectations if they are still making comparisons with last season .

The club is under new management now and playing a different brand of football .

Fair play to Schopp for putting his own mark on the squad .

We'll be alreight this season .

On the basis we wont play City every week ive seen nothing to damper my spirits.
    Still optimistic of a dam good season.

Reminds me of 4 years ago when we started ok at Rotherham Fc, and missed a pen, and ended up getting tw*atted 4-0... and we were relegated from the Champship that season.

Does lightning really strike twice, and hey yes uncle SB has told me to be this depressing.

All of those City young lads this evening were exceptional young footballers .

We think Styles is a gem which he is in the championship but some of the young talent City had were on another level , complimented by four or five of top class footballers mind .

I'd be all over City's Morgan Rogers for a season long loan , given the club's philosophy it won't happen but none the less .

Enjoyed the game in all honesty if not the result and our first half performance .

Enjoyed watching the young talent City have , some exceptional young footballers to say the least .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Reminds me of 4 years ago when we started ok at Rotherham Fc, and missed a pen, and ended up getting tw*atted 4-0... and we were relegated from the Champship that season.

Does lightning really strike twice, and hey yes uncle SB has told me to be this depressing.
    Bit of a difference in the quality of the opposition Acido from that day .

To say the least .

Gulf in class that’s all that was. I think with Val’s style it may have been more to be honest because we would have kept giving them the ball with the long ball.
    Just what is the value of the team City put out even with the young ones in?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

wot tha onnabart ? Match v Rov was at Oakwell , Wi wun four nowt , Tony Stewart thru an hissy fit ( inniz creeum suit ) sumdi decked him int car park for shartin abuse at BFC staff , mardy fat gett !! His brother's far worse ,
    Last edited by Romared; 31-07-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Man City ……. 2nd Half

Finished 4-0.
    Basically it doesn’t seem like Schopp knows his best 11 yet.
    But better 2nd half because
    B,Williams on for Oduor.
    Sibbick on for Moon.
    2nd half we looked quicker and more solid in defence.

Benson came on for Palmer - and looked impressive.
    Good touches and quick. Also good with spot kicks, corners.
    Looks like a more mobile Mcgeehan.

Our main concern is that we didn’t show anything in attack.
    Morris and Frieser ploughing a lone furrow.
    Were replaced by Thompson and Ritzy - who did nothing.
    Woodrow stayed on and had a couple of long shots that came to nothing.

We tried to ‘out pass’ Man City - one of the best in the world at doing that.
    Even tho we were playing Man City the players looked shocked that they had lost.
    I hope this isn’t going to dent their confidence.
    Schopp has a lot of work to do.
    This is why I think the club have recruited Devante Cole .

Cole has the pace to run in behind which is something we haven't had .

I wouldn't expect Devante to score a shyte load of goals but I think he could be a very shrewd signing none the less .

It's a long old season Nudge .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast