+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Manchester City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Whilst this game is taking place somewhat under a cloud it's probably worth a match thread given the game is pretty high profile for ourselves .

Details on how you can watch the game live are contained in the link .

https://www.mancity.com/city-plus

I have no interest in this game due to disgraceful circumstances as to how it has come to be played.

Shameful.

Cunning Stunt on BBS outlined how he had arranged a coach to Watford, filled it, and was due to collect a batch of tickets from Barnsley Box Office. In steps Conway to break the agreed commitment.

Anyone interested in this City Group fixture needs to evva look at themselves.

Barnsley FC should be better than this.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-07-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Have I missed summat?

Why was the Watford game cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Have I missed summat?

Why was the Watford game cancelled?
    Pep wanted to play a high pressing team as part of his pre season preparations and the fact City's proposed friendly against Troyes was cancelled due to covid restrictions .

Pep then contacted ourselves and we dropped the Watford friendly quicker than a young kid whose just S-hagged the village bike .

Watford aren't exactly thrilled given they've sold 3k tickets for the game and now are struggling to find suitable opponents at the last minute to get a game on .

Not good by the club , not good at all .

Will hamma em , Marcelle to net 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Will hamma em , Marcelle to net 2 !
    Weren't that a good afternoon over the hill Roma .

Mind you coming out of Maine Road with the City lads none too chuffed wasn't for the faint hearted .

Great team , wonderful season .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I have no interest in this game due to disgraceful circumstances as to how it has come to be played.

Shameful.

Cunning Stunt on BBS outlined how he had arranged a coach to Watford, filled it, and was due to collect a batch of tickets from Barnsley Box Office. In steps Conway to break the agreed commitment.

Anyone interested in this City Group fixture needs to evva look at themselves.

Barnsley FC should be better than this.
    If that's what's happened, we dropped the Watford game in favour of City (no doubt made worth our while), then I totally agree with you SB. We wouldn't like it if the same had been done to us, would we?

Thanks Animal. It all sounds a bit shabby from our point of view.

You wouldnt be surprised if some of the facts remain undisclosed!!

Will we have gained anything financially from them arranging this fixture ?.
    Well Im sure none of us will get to know that, but Im hoping we don't get a right hiding and a big knock to our confidence. Yes I know its only a friendly but its the most important one because we're just a week away from the seasons kick off!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Weren't that a good afternoon over the hill Roma .

Mind you coming out of Maine Road with the City lads none too chuffed wasn't for the faint hearted .

Great team , wonderful season .
    I think we all got a feeling of , eyup wiv got summat special happening ere , as you mentioned a bit dodgy after match , ooohhh

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast