+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Av no interest either. Watford game would o been more suitable in our pre season build up and the fact that tickets for both home and away fans had already been sold leaves a sour taste it has to be said.

Looking at the City team who played Preston the other night they had , Dias , Marehz , Mendy , Fernedihno and Ake and they are expected to add Gundehan tomorrow evening .

I take the point we could take a lot from the game but it could easily go the other way too .

You'd want us to have a fair bit of possession and some joy with set pieces going in to the last warm up game .

What I don't want to see is us chasing fecking shadows for 90 minutes , zilch possession and trying to keep the score somehow respectable .

There's nowt to take from that in my opinion with our bread and butter a week away .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think we all got a feeling of , eyup wiv got summat special happening ere , as you mentioned a bit dodgy after match , ooohhh
    I started to think that day we might be on to summat as tha sez Roma .

Pre season favourites were City to go straight back to the PL but they were second best that day to Danny's lads .

We parked mini bus in the middle of Moss Side and it was a long walk .

Best pleased we managed alreight .

Feckin hell .

The main reason Conway reneged on the Watford game was that it was agreed between Conway and City that if Conway pulled out of the Watford game and solved City's no match problem then the City Group would waive the right to make EL Ahmad (our new CEO) serve his full notice.
    Shabby behind the scenes deal with our reputation and Watford the losers.

Iz that reyt , sarnds barmy tumee , intita forma blackmail ?

Whilst this game doesn't sit right with me I'm going to pay my £1.99 and watch it .

Extremely interested to see the stamp Schopp has put on the squad with regards to our style of play .

Will today's starting line up be close to how Schopp wants to start the season next Saturday at Cardiff ? .

Are there one or two places still up for grabs ?

Walton or Collins for instance .

Will we continue with the 3-4-3 that was so effective last season but minus Andersen , Mowatt and Dike ? .

Which ever way you look at it this is an extremely tough game to navigate .

City may well be far from full strength but none the less will have some extremely talented young lads coming in to compliment Dias , Mendy , Mahrez , Fernandinho , Ake , Cancelo and Gundogan .

More importantly let's hope the lads get through the game without any injuries and give a good account of themselves .

A bit of a chasing unfortunately as City lead 3-0 and in all probability it should be five .

We are trying to play out from the back and against pressing of this kind of quality it's a tad embarrassing .

Mahrez is giving young Oduor a torrid time .

All my reservations about this game are coming home to roost .

Extremely difficult watch .

Man City ….. 1st half

It was going great ….. and then City found a weak spot ……. Clarke Oduor.
    He’s having an absolute nightmare !!!
    No wonder Barnsley are looking for a left wing back.
    And I’ve always liked Oduor but obviously his confidence is shot - and that’s probably a result of Valerian keeping him on the bench last season.

Other problems - is what some of us feared would happened - a team that has played direct football then tries to play out from the back
    Collins, Moon and Kichen all giving the ball away near Barnsley’s 18 yarder.

As for Woodrow - done nothing except missed a sitter - and gave away an absolutely stupid penalty.

Positives - Palmer and Styles ….. class.
    Frieser and Morris working hard.

We were okay for the first 15 minutes, particularly Palmer, Frieser and Morris. Odour is no LWB, Moon had been poor. Passing out from the back hasn't been great.
    We should have played Watford

The gap in class is MASSIVE nothing more to say really !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast