+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex games on Radio next season?

Alex games on Radio next season?

When there were three of our local teams in action, we know that we were relegated to the BBC medium wave channel which isn't very good but I read the other day that Radio Stoke won't be using the medium wave from May 21 2021 I think it said and so that probably means we won't get to listen to that many matches on the BBC unless Stoke and/or Vale are not playing at the same time as us and then we might get the DAB or FM channel which was not often anyway.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

The alternative would seem to be listening via the Clubs official channel and not sure what entails or at what cost. Again does anyone know?

Thanks.

Interesting point, Mike, especially considering the possible consequences for I-Follow transmissions.

Now that would be a surprise Mike. Best thing would be to telephone RS to get an update. To get a favourable response you could put on a Stokie accent. Have you noticed in the last couple of years that there are now loads of Stoke supporters living in Crewe? Unfortunately a lot of them have developed serious brain damage from watching that carp O`Neill thinks is football.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Now that would be a surprise Mike. Best thing would be to telephone RS to get an update. To get a favourable response you could put on a Stokie accent. Have you noticed in the last couple of years that there are now loads of Stoke supporters living in Crewe? Unfortunately a lot of them have developed serious brain damage from watching that carp O`Neill thinks is football.

I think I read somewhere that the Alex commentary will be on free view channel 726 on the tv.

Hi Mike, know that you have possible ticker problems but are you still fit enough to attend a home game? I have a guest ticket that you are welcome to. Not a problem if you are not up to driving at the moment. Could pick you up/

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Hi Mike, know that you have possible ticker problems but are you still fit enough to attend a home game? I have a guest ticket that you are welcome to. Not a problem if you are not up to driving at the moment. Could pick you up/
    Hi my friend, thank you very much for your very kind offer but unfortunately not able to accept as having too many dizzy spells and could even feint according to the medics and so need to stick close to home at the moment. Still waiting for an appointment at Leighton.

I really appreciate the offer though and you are a good mate and so thank you.

Mike

Take care and look after yourself, MSB

Well this ticket has your name on it so hurry up and get better. Tell the hospital to fit some new long life batteries. that will do the trick.

Wishing you all the best. You take care and keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post

I think I read somewhere that the Alex commentary will be on free view channel 726 on the tv.
    Not sure if Freeview is us, but I am sure I heard Radio Stoke say, in announcing the end of MW, that they'd still be able to cover all 3 games by separating DAB and Freeview, with FM still the third, and it's their stream that the O/S draws radio commentary from anyway I think.