+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You are definitely wasting your time, he doesn’t do debates/opinions
    Trouble is it’s the same people banging on about stuff they have no idea about.
    It’s just a stick to beat the manager with.

I have no idea how the injuries keep happening but I can guess and slag the manager off if it helps everyone feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I blame Tony Stewart, he should have bought a flock of sheep, put them out to
    pasture behind away end, then he could have wrapped the players in cotton wool.
    I blame Doris the tea lady...
    She isn't putting enough sugar in their tea / coffee to sweeten them up.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    How many games have we played in pre-season? Expect 50+ injuries a season according to the info below and that was conducted over 10 years ago. There's definitely more muscle injuries now. Nothing unusual at a our football club.

Just an excuse to have another go at Warne. It's pathetic. Let's start having a go something else and try and hound someone out of their job at the club? Let's see. Who can we point the finger at? That commentator on i-follow needs binning. What a complete w@nker he is. Surely a school kid has more football intellect than that loser.

What about the kit washer? The white on the shirts look grey after 2 games. Needs sacking.

Physios? Should be shot. No questions asked.

4,483 injuries occurred during 566,000 hours of exposure, giving an injury
    incidence of 8.0 injuries/1,000 hours. The injury incidence during matches was higher
    than in training (27.5 v 4.1, p<0.0001). A player sustained on average 2.0 injuries per
    season and a team with typically 25 players can thus expect about 50 injuries each
    season. The single most common injury subtype was thigh strain, representing 17% of
    all injuries. Re-injuries constituted 12% of all injuries and they caused longer
    absences than non re-injuries (24 v 18 days, p<0.0001). The incidence of match
    injuries showed an increasing injury tendency over time in both the first and second
    halves (p<0.0001). Traumatic injuries and hamstring strains were more frequent
    during the competitive season, while overuse injuries were common during the preseason. Training and match injury incidences were stable over the period with no
    significant differences between seasons.
    What a load of bull
    The kit went pink not grey, we have a new kit man now
    Who’s hounding Warney out?
    You make me laugh, just an excuse for you to moan/ have a go at posters

😂
    Go on carry on now I’ve gave you ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post

I have no idea how the injuries keep happening but I can guess and slag the manager off if it helps everyone feel better.
    Really?

Maybe it's all bad luck, but the long arm of coincidence seems a bit stretched (or over stretched in our case)

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post

It’s about options and talking/debating
    We can only go on what we see/hear
    If it’s the same people then ignore them/ignore the thread.

Some are worried some want to debate and yes some wind ups.

Seriously it doesn’t matter to the club what’s put on here, they won’t see it.
    Start worrying when the Warney out chants start at games

Btw Icky got a knock in training 😉

I wonder if Mattock will start

If injuries are bad luck we could easily have a run of bad luck on the pitch and not record a win in August

The pro/con Warne debate will then swing dramatically

Btw Viktor also did his in training but thought he’d be ok in game, clearly wasn’t
    Ladapo also took a knock but was ok

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    How many games have we played in pre-season? Expect 50+ injuries a season according to the info below and that was conducted over 10 years ago. There's definitely more muscle injuries now. Nothing unusual at a our football club.

Just an excuse to have another go at Warne. It's pathetic. Let's start having a go something else and try and hound someone out of their job at the club? Let's see. Who can we point the finger at? That commentator on i-follow needs binning. What a complete w@nker he is. Surely a school kid has more football intellect than that loser.

What about the kit washer? The white on the shirts look grey after 2 games. Needs sacking.

Physios? Should be shot. No questions asked.

4,483 injuries occurred during 566,000 hours of exposure, giving an injury
    incidence of 8.0 injuries/1,000 hours. The injury incidence during matches was higher
    than in training (27.5 v 4.1, p<0.0001). A player sustained on average 2.0 injuries per
    season and a team with typically 25 players can thus expect about 50 injuries each
    season. The single most common injury subtype was thigh strain, representing 17% of
    all injuries. Re-injuries constituted 12% of all injuries and they caused longer
    absences than non re-injuries (24 v 18 days, p<0.0001). The incidence of match
    injuries showed an increasing injury tendency over time in both the first and second
    halves (p<0.0001). Traumatic injuries and hamstring strains were more frequent
    during the competitive season, while overuse injuries were common during the preseason. Training and match injury incidences were stable over the period with no
    significant differences between seasons.
    No the commentator on i follow is a grand lad Howdy!

Not wanting Warne to get the boot at all. Nor did I advocate this. Love him to bits just asking him to look at some of his training methods and maybe moderate them a bit. Just seems to me we shouldn't have a thread bare squad at the start of the season due to injuries. If we aint recruiting many we need to look after the few we have.seems like sense to me.

Even by his own admittance Warne is a bit of a fitness freak.Maybe he is just too kean. It happens...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-07-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I blame Doris the tea lady...
    She isn't putting enough sugar in their tea / coffee to sweeten them up.
    Doris has been injured for 3 month so can't blame her.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast