+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Should be a nice trip up for them but the points will stay here.
    Doom and gloom. Despondency. Why? Our first 11 is the best in the league.
    Remember the window is open until the end of August. We lost the first game in both our last two promotions.
    Get behind the lads for God sake.
    Didnt we beat Wimbledon away first game of our last promotion season, or is my memory playing tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Didnt we beat Wimbledon away first game of our last promotion season, or is my memory playing tricks?
    2-1 I think. Freddie on his league debut if memory serves, not sure if he scored first or second, or both.

The problem we have is that the injuries are to the defensive positions so it exacerbates the situation.
    It has to be a worry in a congested opening month of fixtures

Freddie opened the scoring, Pigott equalised and Robertson got the winner and the sun shone....

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Nobody played for Evans long enough to pick an injury up !!
    Maybe thats the secret, we keep players too long!

Sorry my error. I was referring to our first home game a week later. 0-2 v Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Good post Grump.

Some folks' opinions become their facts if they state them often enough.
    Was going to say there is one poster thinks that about a young winger but thought I’d better not as it’s off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s all a Baldrick cunning plan to fool the opposition
    To think if Warne had taken the players to the gym, the one over Rhino's, they could have had
    some of the cannapiss they found, & they would not have felt the injuries.
    They would have floated against the sea-fairing Pilgrims next Saturday, at NYS firing & giving
    em a broadside.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    There's a difference in stating things as fact and writing conjecture. I view this board as a place where I can offer opinion and conjecture about RUFC in a forum with like minded people. By like minded I mean people who share the love and passion for the Millers. It would be a stale message board if we took away conjecture and opinion.

The only time I get annoyed is where someone with a different opinion gives it the old mantra of "go and support Wednesday then", "could you do better", "go tell warney then", etc , instead of just offering up their own view. Debates on here can be great reading at times but only when done with mutual respect. Sadly most threads descend into playground wiffle waffle.

Everyone on here wants the same thing. A thriving and successful RUFC. Where we differ is how best to achieve that goal.

That said, I take your point, perhaps we should all be more transparent when stating a fact (with evidence) or offering an opinion.
    I agree. I'm happy to argue the toss with anyone on anything, but what gets my goat is how so many state something as a certainty when in fact it's an opinion for which there's no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I think what gets Rotherham United fans p*ssed off, is the fact that the club is always at the back of
    the door, in getting players in.
    Other clubs in division 1 got in early, they had identified the players they needed, bought the
    players.
    Even the fans identified the club needed a left back last season, which should have been brought in.
    So players getting injured & having no back up, doesn't go down well.
    Warnes recruiting team along with the manager, should have had a list of players, they thought would
    benefit the club, & got the irons in the fire to get the players into the club.
    Excellent post. Our recruitment remains sub-standard to say the least.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast