+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries!

Injuries!

For the last few seasons ago we have received alot of injury issues within our squad. I know every club have to deal with injury issues but we have more than any other football club on the planet I'm that sure. These injuries are mainly muscle injuries and not very few are from a collision with an opponent. What I want to know is 1. Are we over training the players and not doing the right things? 2. Is it the training pitches we are training on? 3. Are we just very very unlucky? My opinion is I don't believe in coincidence so I'm going for 1 or 2 it's happening too many times, we have at least 4 out before the season begins!

I've said this loads of times on here but I just get poo pooed by certain individuals. 3 players out with quad issues? Come on that has got to be more than coincidence surely.

I don't doubt that the players need to be fit but the human body will only take so much plus ,as somebody pointed out, we are all individuals, some folks bodies will take more stress than others.

Lets put it this way, if I was a footballer looking for a club I wunt be looking to play for Warne if I knew what injuries new players often get at his club. How many new players have we have had in the Warne years who have not succumbed to some sort of injury in the first few weeks of joining us? It must surely put some players off joining us...

I just don't see how folks cant see this.

The players need to get together and tell Warne to feck off with certain bits of training!

Also were our players any fitter than any other set of players in the championship last season? Will they be fitter than any other League 1 squad this season necessarily?

Cue the training regime Warne apologists...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-07-2021 at 10:27 AM.

I think Warney needs to go back to school

Oh the Millersmad experts,don't you just luv em.

Well whats your theories about how we have so many injuries? You don't appear to have any? We carry on as we are then and have a depleted squad all season? OK?

According to our leader we have eased up on them in training this week, maybe he's put his cat'o' nine tails back in the cupboard.
    @ roly quad injuries are common injuries and not just in football.
    He may have pushed them a little too hard, Ferguson as one example although his injury wasn't severe.
    I don't know how Icky got his injury, or whether he was challenging for a ball in training so can't comment.

If he is pushing them too hard then maybe look to a different
    approach although I don't think we train any differently to other clubs, neither do we look anymore fitter than any other club.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well whats your theories about how we have so many injuries? You don't appear to have any? We carry on as we are then and have a depleted squad all season? OK?
    You are definitely wasting your time, he doesn’t do debates/opinions

How many games have we played in pre-season? Expect 50+ injuries a season according to the info below and that was conducted over 10 years ago. There's definitely more muscle injuries now. Nothing unusual at a our football club.

Just an excuse to have another go at Warne. It's pathetic. Let's start having a go something else and try and hound someone out of their job at the club? Let's see. Who can we point the finger at? That commentator on i-follow needs binning. What a complete w@nker he is. Surely a school kid has more football intellect than that loser.

What about the kit washer? The white on the shirts look grey after 2 games. Needs sacking.

Physios? Should be shot. No questions asked.

4,483 injuries occurred during 566,000 hours of exposure, giving an injury
    incidence of 8.0 injuries/1,000 hours. The injury incidence during matches was higher
    than in training (27.5 v 4.1, p<0.0001). A player sustained on average 2.0 injuries per
    season and a team with typically 25 players can thus expect about 50 injuries each
    season. The single most common injury subtype was thigh strain, representing 17% of
    all injuries. Re-injuries constituted 12% of all injuries and they caused longer
    absences than non re-injuries (24 v 18 days, p<0.0001). The incidence of match
    injuries showed an increasing injury tendency over time in both the first and second
    halves (p<0.0001). Traumatic injuries and hamstring strains were more frequent
    during the competitive season, while overuse injuries were common during the preseason. Training and match injury incidences were stable over the period with no
    significant differences between seasons.

Didn’t warne do a sports science degree or course or something..?…some injuries you can’t control and are unlucky,but some you can minimise or avoid as much as you can…you never know who had or how much Covid could have effected things…maybe we sign players that are susceptible or prone as part of what we can afford….it doesn”t help when we don’t know or get told what some injuries are…probably more questions than answers but we just have to get on with it as best we can…

I blame Tony Stewart, he should have bought a flock of sheep, put them out to
    pasture behind away end, then he could have wrapped the players in cotton wool.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast