+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trouble at Esbjerg FC for Conway

Trouble at Esbjerg FC for Conway

By Thomas N. Andersen
    Paul Conway would not speak to Ekstra Bladet's correspondent, who would otherwise talk facts about the 21 players who have sent a shocking letter to management about Peter Hybala's methods

21 players in Esbjerg fB's squad appeared in a letter on Thursday and explained how they have been subjected to verbal and physical punishment by the German head coach Peter Hyballa since his appointment.

Therefore, there was good reason to set course for West Jutland to try to get an explanation from the American spokesman for the owners of Esbjerg fB, Paul Conway.

On Tuesday, Paul Conway told TV3 Sport that the case had been blown up and that Kasper Pedersen's story to Ekstra Bladet had nothing to do with it. It was an expression of bad journalism or 'yellow journalism', as Conway put it,

- I'm dealing with facts. I do not deal with sensational journalism and inflammatory claims, it sounded from the flamboyant American.

Therefore, it was with peace of mind and purpose to talk about facts that Ekstra Bladet trooped up to Esbjerg by agreement with the club.

But when it came time for the press, Paul Conway did not have time. So to Ekstra Bladet.

- I do not have time to talk to you. I have spoken to you once, said Paul Conway, when Ekstra Bladet tried to ask a question.

- Yes, five weeks ago about a completely different case ... Why do not you want to talk to Ekstra Bladet about this case?

- You do not have the exclusive right to ask questions about Esbjerg. I also have a football club to manage.

- But you have plenty of time to talk to everyone else. I just need to ask for five minutes now that you so want to talk about facts.

Then Conway shook his head and asked the communications manager in Esbjerg if he had not 'finished this joke' ...

Then it was time for a third TV interview for Conway, who patiently stood up and again talked about that he only has to do with facts.

That's why Ekstra Bladet tried one last time:

- It is a fact for a minimum of 21 players that they have a head coach who punishes his players both physically and verbally. How can you as a club defend it?

- You do not have a monopoly on asking about Esbjerg. Are you done?

Not really, but it was Paul Conway who was led away by the club's communications manager. Without giving answers to many of the relevant questions in the case.

Here is what Ekstra Bladet would have liked to have asked Paul Conway about:

Paul Conway did not want to answer these questions:
    - What is your reaction to the fact that 21 players now stand up and confirm everything that several media have described in recent weeks?

- You say you have full confidence in Peter Hyballa. How can one have full confidence in a head coach who verbally and physically punishes his players?

- You said in a TV interview on Tuesday that Kasper Pedersen's stories did not bring anything to the table and that you did not think there was anything to relate to. Today you say that you held a meeting with the players already on Monday. What is the truth?

- How many players are you willing to let go of the contract before looking the other way?

- How can a club tolerate 21 players calling the culture of the club degrading, ***ist and humiliating?

- How can a head coach get away with hitting, twisting a nipple around and blowing a whistle directly into a player's ear?

- Is Peter Hyballa right when he says that he can just call the owners and then get rid of the players?

- How do you see the future of this old and traditional football club?

Paul Conway in all his glory .

Clearly he doesn't like answering uncomfortable questions .

21 players putting their name to a problem with the HC suggests there is a significant issue at the club .

This isn't three or four players out of favour at the club and pyssed off with the HC , it's practically the whole squad of players .

Paul plays the " nothing to see here " card and shows the nasty side of his character when pressed on the issue by a journalist .

The more Conway reveals himself the less there is to like .

Everywhere Conway goes he leaves a trail of ill feeling behind him it seems .

This reputation is very concerning and it will eventually catch up with him and could impact on our own club .

Much more of this and the football world may eventually not want to do business with him .

Hasn't Conway just sent four of our young lads into this toxic atmosphere for their "development" ?

Summat's not reyt at Ebsjerg.

Arseoyle of the first order, (as I may have mentioned before )

EfB signs contract with Corey Addai

23-year-old Corey Addai is a new Esbjerg fB player, as the goalkeeper is added to the squad on an agreement valid until the summer of 2022. The Englishman has most recently been on contract at Barnsley Football Club.

Esbjerg fB sharpens the competition further on the goalkeeper position, as the 23-year-old Englishman Corey Addai has signed a contract for the rest of the season.

Paul Conway, board member of EfB, says:

- Corey Addai is a talented goalkeeper, who we have an in-depth knowledge of from his time at Barnsley, and by adding him to the squad in EfB, we are guaranteed a competent goalkeeper team with great competition for places. We look forward to welcoming him to the club.

The goalkeeper, who started his football career at Arsenal FC, is looking forward to pulling on his training clothes and meeting the fans in Esbjerg.

- I am happy to have signed a contract with EfB, which is a big club with ambitions to return to the Super League, which gives me motivation to do well. I can not wait to start up and get out on the field and meet people in the club and the fans, says Corey Addai.

Efb fans not happy. Conway talking drivel as they sign a player who’s played two non league games and he tells the fans he’ll add experience haha

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    EfB signs contract with Corey Addai

Paul Conway, board member of EfB, says:

- Corey Addai is a talented goalkeeper, who we have an in-depth knowledge of from his time at Barnsley, and by adding him to the squad in EfB, we are guaranteed a competent goalkeeper team with great competition for places. We look forward to welcoming him to the club.
    It must be difficult for the arseoyle to remember which set of fans he is trying to pillock as he moves players between his portfolio of clubs.
    He says he is interested in a Polish club next. "Seven !" I hear Len Goodman call.

Get thi money paid to buy Barnsley.

I think they are bottom of the league

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Efb fans not happy. Conway talking drivel as they sign a player who’s played two non league games and he tells the fans he’ll add experience haha
    With respect he doesn't say experience he says competition.