+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid

Covid

Sorry to post this an hour before the match, Just wanted to ask the question if anyone on here has had Covid, and how it affected you, If some remember my father in law had it before the vaccine programme and was seriously ill but he did pull through,

Suppose the reason for this post is that i have it as we speak i have been very ill for past few days ( Im good now), I have no underlying issues and am generally never ill and am healthy, So i think considering how poorly i was that being double jabbed was paramount to a quick recovery, Plug for the Vaccine, Get jabbed...

My friend who is a national champion in kickboxing and uber fit could barely breathe last week after getting covid, she had only had one jab.

As this isn't LUFC related I'll give you my take on the issue.

I had the virus last February (was tested when I reported "long Covid" symptoms and showed positive for antibodies). Was v lucky, had flu-like symptoms for a couple of days, but no loss of taste, appetite etc, and until the long-Covid stuff showed up wasn't even sure I'd had it. Been double jabbed (Feb and May), with the Astra Zeneca vaccine, no side effects (hardly felt the injection!) and I'd agree 1000% about getting vaccinated. Until we're all vaccinated (within reason), we're all still at risk.

BTW, by "last February" I meant Feb 2020

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    BTW, by "last February" I meant Feb 2020
    Pretty sure I had it last year before testing and was the worst flu I have ever had that lasted about 8 days . Then felt tired and achy for a few weeks afterwards but then okay. A lot of people I know my age or older reported the same. Eldest had it but was a symptomatic and lots of people that at work it I know who had it and the younger and fitter they are the more mild the symptoms seemed to be.

The other advantage now is the state of knowledge of how to treat it and what drugs to give when needed.

Those that have had the vaccine that I know and got it report flu like symptoms even when not that fit,

Good luck and wishing you a fit and speedy recovery. Are you taking high doses of vitamin C D E and zinc - if not ask you GP as a lot of doctors recommend that. Also gargling with cool mint mouth wash twice a day but make sure it gets in your throat.

Tested positive for it in early January this year.
    Started with an itchy throat kind of cough..and then.....BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Body started to ache like feck all over and my head felt like it was going to explode with a severe almost unbearable throbbing pain.
    Then basically felt like sh1t for around 12 days and hardly ate anything other than soups and porridge.

Unfortunately I had long Covid issues which I can say I have just about overcome but it was feckin awful and I would say it has took me a good 6 months to get back to the Rev of old.Most worrying part was how quickly I was getting out of breath for a good 8-10 weeks after,scared the sh1t out of me to be honest.
    I did wonder if it had done irreversible damage.

Had both jabs now with the first one making me feel like I was coming down with flu for 24hrs then I was ok and the 2nd one I had no issues.

My elder brother aged 30 got Covid in the first wave back in 2020 when arriving in Moscow Russia.His main symptom was an upset stomach & abdominal pain,went to Doctor who diagnosed Covid - 2 weeks later back at work and no problems since.

Working in Russia as a UK citizen with a French residency in Paris he was nervous to take the jab as it was Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik.
    He put off the jab decision until recently and took it after a lot of family & medical opinion and is fine with no side effects.

All my family has been double jabbed with Astra Zeneca & we're all fine to thankfully.

Get the jabs folks !

Got it very early on. The effects still hang around breathing mainly so hard to do much. I had my first dose of Astra 2 months ago and now I have headaches and the arm they jabbed me with hurts all the time. The more health problems you have the longer the effects will last if at all go away.

Billy had it at the same time as mad cow disease in 2003. He is what he is......

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Billy had it at the same time as mad cow disease in 2003. He is what he is......
    Confused Mad or Cow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)