+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s the similarities between Matt Clarke, Mowatt and Adam Reach

What’s the similarities between Matt Clarke, Mowatt and Adam Reach

All of them slow across the grass.
    And all of them signed by Valérien.

In other words ….. the young dynamic recruitment that we have seen at Barnsley - is not being replicated at WBA.
    Unless there are players already in the squad at WBA that are quick off the mark - then Valerians tactics are likely to face some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    In other words ….. the young dynamic recruitment that we have seen at Barnsley - is not being replicated at WBA.
    Unless there are players already in the squad at WBA that are quick off the mark - then Valerians tactics are likely to face some problems.
    I've pointed out to the WBA lads on their board that Val had everything in place here to succeed .

Players fully up to scratch with the high press , a young and energetic group of players and the advantages of last seasons five sub rule .

I've asked them if the hierarchy at WBA were aware of how Val got the results he did and they didn't simply look at the final league table .

The replies I had back was that if Val can get results with bang average players then just think what he can do here .

I did of course point out that we haven't got bang average players here .

Totally different ball game at the Hawthorns to here for Val to navigate .

Whether he can play more than one tune on his violin and adapt to what he's inherited plus the recruitments is open to debate at Albion .

My gut instinct is it will be a difficult gig in the West Midlands for Val and his methods may not be so enthusiastically welcomed by a number of players who already have huge money in the bank and aren't all 22 years old and hungry as feck .

Val's first obstacle to negotiate may well to be still in the job at xmas .

Av been watching some Brum v Baggies match , Mowatt no27 looks very slow and playing very deep so far, wasted 2 free kicks poor, a chance to score from edge of box and he chose to sidefoot it straight to goalie , Brum look better side now, Vals sharting an bawling and dunt look happy , it's only a friendly though !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've pointed out to the WBA lads on their board that Val had everything in place here to succeed .

Players fully up to scratch with the high press , a young and energetic group of players and the advantages of last seasons five sub rule .

I've asked them if the hierarchy at WBA were aware of how Val got the results he did and they didn't simply look at the final league table .

The replies I had back was that if Val can get results with bang average players then just think what he can do here .

Whether he can play more than one tune on his violin and adapt to what he's inherited plus the recruitments is open to debate at Albion .

My gut instinct is it will be a difficult gig in the West Midlands for Val and his methods may not be so enthusiastically welcomed by a number of players who already have huge money in the bank and aren't all 22 years old and hungry as feck .

To me - it looks like WBA are going down the same old route that clubs have followed now for decades - that is, trying to out buy others around them.
    And in doing so attract those players that have been around the block a few times - those types that have already got their money in the bank and are not hungry anymore eg the Wendy sides of recent seasons.
    Which of course is totally against the grain of how Valerian works.

I sometimes drop on a WBA fan whilst out walking , he wernt impressed when V I got the job , although he also follows Barnsley FC occasionally , he is a lifelong Baggie , last time I spoke to him , his words we're if he plays that style of football at the Hawthorns he won't last long , the fan's will soon turn against him , he thinks that they have a troubled boardroom , and Bilic left and not sacked , I think your probably right about what some have earned ,and the odd season in the Premiership has made some think they are better than what they are, the desire to improve could have gone etc, I don't think many of them will relish playing in the Championship this season ,

Who's to say that Ismael won't adapt his playing style from the one that he adopted at Oakwell to the squad he has at his disposal at WBA? Personally I couldn't give two hoots how successful or unsuccessful he is at the Hawthorns but it begs a question- Ismael assessed his squad here at Oakwell and decided upon vertical football. That style took us to 5th in the league which is commendable. Now, with all due respect, WBA are pound for pound a better squad than Barnsley ability wise. Ittul be interesting which style Ismael sees befitting of the WBA squad that he currently has at his disposal. We'll get a better idea next Friday neet when they're on Sky at Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Who's to say that Ismael won't adapt his playing style from the one that he adopted at Oakwell to the squad he has at his disposal at WBA? Personally I couldn't give two hoots how successful or unsuccessful he is at the Hawthorns but it begs a question- Ismael assessed his squad here at Oakwell and decided upon vertical football. That style took us to 5th in the league which is commendable. Now, with all due respect, WBA are pound for pound a better squad than Barnsley ability wise. Ittul be interesting which style Ismael sees befitting of the WBA squad that he currently has at his disposal. We'll get a better idea next Friday neet when they're on Sky at Bournemouth
    He may well have more than one tune Pass and of course Albion have better players than we have here .

However he's a high press coach whether that's using his vertical style or not .

In my opinion you just can't rock up at a club and roll out high press football if the players available haven't played that way before .

You can most certainly implement it and have a work in progress attached to it but my feeling is WBA aren't a club who want to scratch around in the championship anymore than we do in league one .

If Val is given the time and a bedding in season allowed he may well be successful at the Hawthorns , they gave him a four year contract after all but then again what worth today would you attach to a contract .

The fans at WBA have a history of not taking to managers who don't play pleasing football , they turned spectacularly on Tony Pullis even though he kept them in the PL comfortably , they were relegated the season after , shades of Macca at Ipswich .

When Stendel arrived here he was blessed with having the right players to play the high press plus the best squad in league one .

It wasn't so straightforward for him in the championship the following season as he struggled to fit the new players in to the system and get the results .

If WBA aren't challenging for automatic promotion from the off the pressure will build on him , this is a club who sacked Darren Moore when they were fourth in the championship two years ago .

An in your face management style when it isn't going well may not work with more experienced players .

Very interesting to see how it goes at WBA for Val and he may not get the time he probably needs at the Hawthorns to be a success .

My only worry about wba and val now is as follows.
    Jack Grealish goes from villa to man city 100 mill. Villa are after a few from west brom..... will val come cherry picking with a few million to spend. We could end up in the ****e again here..... hope beyond hope im wrong.. just got that feeling ive seen it all before

He may well have more than one tune Pass and of course Albion have better players than we have here .

However he's a high press coach whether that's using his vertical style or not .

In my opinion you just can't rock up at a club and roll out high press football if the players available haven't played that way before .

You can most certainly implement it and have a work in progress attached to it but my feeling is WBA aren't a club who want to scratch around in the championship anymore than we do in league one .

If Val is given the time and a bedding in season allowed he may well be successful at the Hawthorns , they gave him a four year contract after all but then again what worth today would you attach to a contract .

The fans at WBA have a history of not taking to managers who don't play pleasing football , they turned spectacularly on Tony Pullis even though he kept them in the PL comfortably , they were relegated the season after , shades of Macca at Ipswich .

When Stendel arrived here he was blessed with having the right players to play the high press plus the best squad in league one .

It wasn't so straightforward for him in the championship the following season as he struggled to fit the new players in to the system and get the results .

If WBA aren't challenging for automatic promotion from the off the pressure will build on him , this is a club who sacked Darren Moore when they were fourth in the championship two years ago .

An in your face management style when it isn't going well may not work with more experienced players .

Very interesting to see how it goes at WBA for Val and he may not get the time he probably needs at the Hawthorns to be a success .
    We saw in the the Play-Offs he's a one trick pony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast