+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Captain & Vice Captain

As a supporter of any sporting team, if you cannot be optimistic at the start of a new season, (especially given all the positives coming out of the club), then I don't know when you can Kelton.
    I would argue your points on our current position, if I thought they were valid, however I feel you post on here just to poke the hornets nest.
    I do doubt you are a true suppoerter as you never give a positive comment, regarding the club. True supporters, even the most glass half full ones, normally see some positives.

I love the new broom being swept through Notts. Great appointment in my opinion and a great honour for Cam and Woots.
    If I am entertained as much as I was in the play offs and we are competitive I will be happy.
    If we get promoted I will be overjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I love the new broom being swept through Notts. Great appointment in my opinion and a great honour for Cam and Woots.
    If I am entertained as much as I was in the play offs and we are competitive I will be happy.
    Agree with this, regardless of the end of season result, there is a new positive vibe to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Beautiful and accurate words.

Anyone suggesting that our owners haven't achieved anything in their time at the club is so wrong , so wide of the mark it's gone out for a throw-in.

They've arrested the slide and turned the ship around, and stopped us being an embarrassment and running joke, that's an achievement in itself.

some players can't handle being a captain and their form suffers as a consequence, we don't know of his form so we won't know if it's suffering

I'm sure the coach knows these things.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    " I just pissed myself at your post " - I didn't realise just how big a tw*t you really are!!
    But if he is proved right who will be the tw-t then?

Cameron, 24, arrived at Meadow Lane this summer after leaving Torquay United, where he often filled the role of skipper in the absence of Asa Hall.

And Ian Burchnall believes the captaincy will help Cameron take his career to the next level.
    Cameron, 24, arrived at Meadow Lane this summer after leaving Torquay United, where he often filled the role of skipper in the absence of Asa Hall.

And Ian Burchnall believes the captaincy will help Cameron take his career to the next level.

I spoke to the gaffer when I came in and put my name forward for it – knowing I’ve had three years as vice-captain at Torquay,” he said. “I learned a lot from Asa in that time.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 01-08-2021 at 06:57 AM.

If Kelton is correct and we end the season in mid table then everyone else will be very disappointed. Pitchfork sales will hit record highs. The owners will have a big decision to make, the head coach will be very worried about his future, the players will need to look at themselves in the mirror and I will be £120 poorer.

Kelton on the other hand will have nailed it and everyone who predicted a playoff finish or better will have been badly wrong.

The bandwagon will have come off the tracks and would be over

And we start the NCFC cycle again...

Safe to say let's hope he's proved wrong.

Well, I’m predicting a successful season, ending with promotion. Maybe just a steady start, but it’s going to be an entertaining season for us supporters, watching attacking, progressive football.

Having said all that, we are Notts County!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast