+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Captain & Vice Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The manager/club’s view is clearly that Brindley and Chicksen are centre backs first and foremost. Whether they’re right about that is another matter, but that’s obviously how we see it.
    Another consideration in addition to the above and loans if required, youth players? I don’t know who and what potential we have in the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The manager/club’s view is clearly that Brindley and Chicksen are centre backs first and foremost. Whether they’re right about that is another matter, but that’s obviously how we see it.
    You do remember we conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games playing the two players you refer to as CB’s?
    We have 3 proper CB’s at the club one of them injured. No manager should start a season with only 2 fit CB’s

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    You do remember we conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games playing the two players you refer to as CB’s?
    We have 3 proper CB’s at the club one of them injured. No manager should start a season with only 2 fit CB’s
    So Mark Ellis isn't a centre back either? Odd take, but each to their own.

That was the new style with a "make do" line up. New season where the mew manager has had chance to get in the players he needs for his style of play. yes we have a lack of back-up in some areas all teams this level have.

One other point is what is better to watch a 1-0/0-0/0-1 or a 4-3/3-3/3-4 match. I know what I would prefer. Also we did score 5 too so not at least it was lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I have more faith in IB than I do you. If he feels we can play the likes of Brindley and Chickson at CB who are we to argue.
    You go on about Notts conceding 6 goals in 2 games like it’s the fault of the CB’s.
    1st goal v Chesterfield - direct free kick, keeper error.
    2nd goal v Chesterfield. Soft as **** as we were counter attacked. This time Doyle let his man go.
    1st goal v Torquay. Poor goal to concede but actually offside.
    2nd goal v Torquay. Again a poor goal as we gave the ball away (Miller) and Chickson in the left back position could and should have fouled the player who broke on us.
    3rd goal was a corner. Jimmy Knowles man scored.
    4th was a poor penalty decision.

So the 6 goals you continue to spout about and keep telling us we need more CBs is laughable. None of the goals conceded were due to CB error or the 2 players you mention being at fault. We have bought in a very good CB without losing any of the decent ones we had. We have added height and energy to the midfield.
    We don’t have an endless pot of money so why would we pay let’s say 50k a season for a player that covers on the off chance we suffer an injury, when we can hit the loan market as and when?

A good thread on the captaincy choices derailed by a needless whinge about 'centre-backs'...

Kelton isn't going to enjoy the Burchnall tenure, he has a view on how football should be played that he's just not going to see. What he considers a good centre-half, Burchnall calls 'agricultural'. Most fans are excited by the prospect of seeing Rodrigues and Roberts play together rather than ruing the departure of Ben Turner. It's already become tedious and a competitive ball hasn't been kicked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I have more faith in IB than I do you. If he feels we can play the likes of Brindley and Chickson at CB who are we to argue.
    You go on about Notts conceding 6 goals in 2 games like it’s the fault of the CB’s.
    1st goal v Chesterfield - direct free kick, keeper error.
    2nd goal v Chesterfield. Soft as **** as we were counter attacked. This time Doyle let his man go.
    1st goal v Torquay. Poor goal to concede but actually offside.
    2nd goal v Torquay. Again a poor goal as we gave the ball away (Miller) and Chickson in the left back position could and should have fouled the player who broke on us.
    3rd goal was a corner. Jimmy Knowles man scored.
    4th was a poor penalty decision.

So the 6 goals you continue to spout about and keep telling us we need more CBs is laughable. None of the goals conceded were due to CB error or the 2 players you mention being at fault. We have bought in a very good CB without losing any of the decent ones we had. We have added height and energy to the midfield.
    We don’t have an endless pot of money so why would we pay let’s say 50k a season for a player that covers on the off chance we suffer an injury, when we can hit the loan market as and when?
    Nail on the head and rammed firmly into position there me duck. Personally I could not care less if we let a few in if the alternative is the first 75% of last season.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345