+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Match Thread vs. Derby County 31.07.21 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You haven't been threatened with another ban. It is a potential strategy to stop the nonsense. I simply asked Cher, as the very experienced moderator that she is, for her thoughts on the idea.
    If I'm not mistaken since I've been banned many posters have complained about laddo and his abusive ways.
    You yourself have had to hand him several polite warnings.since I've been back I've witnessed him arguing with others and again you have given him polite warnings.
    Cant you see the common denominator..? Even when myself and navy were absent the arguing g and abuse still continued with laddo and other posters.
    Many posters have complained about him many times or am I mistaken.?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Not sure I've got any more ideas than anyone else tbh Swale. Not a fan of group detention ever since someone locked Mr Lidington the maths teacher in a cupboard and we all got into trouble. Same again when someone loosened the bolts on the headmistress' chair and she fell through it mid assembly, becoming wedged. Hilarious, wish I'd thought of it, but it wasn't great doing someone else's punishment.

Maybe we should all (me included, given my very low tolerance of people behaving like prats) just ignore one poster's endless attempts to draw others into bickering. And then if they still don't stop, perhaps they should have a short break? Oh and anyone posting #anything should be booted anyway
    Morning cher
    As a former moderator and highly regarded in most quarters,in your opinion do you think it's fair to be banned for asking the moderator a question , and then for it to be filed under abuse.?
    Just a confused poster asking for some direction here.
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can think of 3 options to make it stop.

1. Swale bans all parties concerned.
    2. laddo does what he claims he wants to do and only posts about Notts County and football.
    3. All the posters who aren't keen on laddo simply ignore him.

I think we all know 2 and 3 won't happen, so it's whether you want to go with option 1.

The bicker/handbags thread was the ideal solution. I'm still confused as to why Swale chose to close it down. The only thing that really needed putting in place was to instruct ALL those wishing to partake in bickering to do it on that fred and nowhere else or else an automatic ban.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The bicker/handbags thread was the ideal solution. I'm still confused as to why Swale chose to close it down.
    I'm equally confused.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The only thing that really needed putting in place was to instruct ALL those wishing to partake in bickering to do it on that fred and nowhere else or else an automatic ban.
    Exactly, that would have solved the problem instantly.

I'll never understand how one poster was allowed to say "no, I'm not doing that" and get away with it.

OK then. I'll start a new thread for bickering, baiting etc.

There will be zero tolerance for any more of it on other threads, as per the earlier warning.

Hopefully that will keep the gang happy and the rest of us too.

This thread is now gong back to being the Derby PSF thread.

There will be zero tolerance for any more of it on other threads, as per the earlier warning.

Can you please insist that everyone uses the handbags thread if a disagreement ensues no exceptions..?
    Thanks

Just make it clear that ANY bickering by ALL posters must go on that fred, no exceptions. One warning, then a months ban will follow for all those that transgress and jobzaguddenn. Well done.

BUT......at what time does it go to the handbags room?

Surely it has to start on a "normal" thread to go there.

Or does someone say "lets go to the handbags room for a bicker over this".....Even then both have to be willing to go.

Just playing devil's advocate.......Can't see it working....but by all means give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    BUT......at what time does it go to the handbags room?

Surely it has to start on a "normal" thread to go there.

Or does someone say "lets go to the handbags room for a bicker over this".....Even then both have to be willing to go.

Just playing devil's advocate.......Can't see it working....but by all means give it a try.
    I don’t normally get involved in squabble related matters, unless of course football related opinions. Sometimes read with interest and a smile.

If the discussion goes off topic, that’s the point it moves to the Handbags thread? I would normally hope common sense prevails, but I would suggest Swale will need to step in and request posters take their disagreement to the Handbags thread or face a ban. If a poster as no desire to communicate via the Handbags thread, they can’t be forced? But, can’t then continue the disagreement via another thread or, again, face a ban?

It goes without saying, Swales(moderator) word is final.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I don’t normally get involved in squabble related matters, unless of course football related opinions. Sometimes read with interest and a smile.

If the discussion goes off topic, that’s the point it moves to the Handbags thread? I would normally hope common sense prevails, but I would suggest Swale will need to step in and request posters take their disagreement to the Handbags thread or face a ban. If a poster as no desire to communicate via the Handbags thread, they can’t be forced? But, can’t then continue the disagreement via another thread or, again, face a ban?

It goes without saying, Swales(moderator) word is final.
    This sounds pretty fair to me...

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122