+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Derby County 31.07.21 [PSF]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Thread vs. Derby County 31.07.21 [PSF]

Notts will be playing in the popular new 'spearmint rhino and worn-out tarmac' away kit tomorrow at the request of Derby County. Seems a bit cheeky to ask us to change when we're at home.

Anyhow, who's going and who's streaming it? Not sure if I can do either at this point but fingers crossed for one or the other.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-08-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Title format matching for future search ease

I'll be going. First chance to put a few faces to names.

Probably streaming it.

Got me ticket, see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Probably streaming it.
    Ooo I didnt know it was on a stream thankyou

You have to go through Derby website to get it though.
    I’ve signed up with them tonight and will buy stream before kickoff to make sure there are no issues.
    Would love to go in person, but can’t get so managed to persuade the wife to give me an hour and half off the job list so I can watch the mighty pies.
    Even better in the mint away strip, which is class. I’ll be wearing mine in front of the computer tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    You have to go through Derby website to get it though.
    I’ve signed up with them tonight and will buy stream before kickoff to make sure there are no issues.
    Would love to go in person, but can’t get so managed to persuade the wife to give me an hour and half off the job list so I can watch the mighty pies.
    Even better in the mint away strip, which is class. I’ll be wearing mine in front of the computer tomorrow!
    I cant go anywhere as we are in frikkin lockdown again so I might do a late one tonight.

I thought that it was a good run out today and the scoreline was not really reflective of how close the game was. We have to remember that we are three weeks away from our first league game and Derby start their campaign next Saturday.

Also when you are playing against a side three levels up it's always going to be one in which the defensive elements of your game are going to come under the spotlight at the expense of your own attacking threat and chances as these maybe limited. That's why it's good to face a test of this nature in pre-season friendly games. This is how the first half was for me. There was a couple of good balls and crosses into the Derby box on the left hand side that were dangerous as well.

In the second half I felt we grew more and more into the game but more importantly also grew as a team together with some good patterns of play and possession and we managed to carve open a couple of real good chances. We should and could have scored two, but creating the chances in the first place and Wootton being in the right place should be a positive against a team three leagues above. In spite of this I still think we do need something extra up top to give us a bit more bite or something different and take the pressure off Wootton's shoulders.

I was impressed with our new signings. I thought in the main they were strong, composed and controlled on the ball and in passing. Matty Palmer was the most impressive and man of match for me. He looked a level above and arguably one of the best players on th pitch. His distribution was good along with set piece delivery from corners and he got into some good positions. Cameron is solid and tall as well and is able to bring the ball forward.

Lots of positives for me for the coming season.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-08-2021 at 08:29 PM.

The other highlights vid seems to have been made ''private'', Try thissun:

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Notts will be playing in the popular new 'spearmint rhino and worn-out tarmac' away kit tomorrow at the request of Derby County. Seems a bit cheeky to ask us to change when we're at home.

Anyhow, who's going and who's streaming it? Not sure if I can do either at this point but fingers crossed for one or the other.
    I think it's because Derby don't have an away kit yet

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast