+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Derby County 31.07.21 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    All makes sense and, hopefully, a new arrival by the end of the week.

Am glad Derby played a very inexperienced side bar the 3 OAPs , gave us a far more even and beneficial game.

We did not need face a full strength Championship side even one who is in a bit of a state to say the least like we did a few years back. Chasing shadows and getting hammered only improves fitness, hits morale and nowt else.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Am glad Derby played a very inexperienced side bar the 3 OAPs , gave us a far more even and beneficial game.

We did not need face a full strength Championship side even one who is in a bit of a state to say the least like we did a few years back. Chasing shadows and getting hammered only improves fitness, hits morale and nowt else.
    That was the most experienced side Derby can actually send out right now. It wasn't them playing a reserve side, that is their strongest side

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    It’s all a balance innit. Could we find someone more clinical than Wootton? Yes, probably quite easily. Could we find someone more clinical than Wootton who also improves us as a team? Much more difficult. They might even score less than he does, because he’s so important to the way we play and create chances. I think Rodrigues and Roberts benefit massively from having him in the team.
    Yeah fair enough. I suppose we’ll know more about the thinking when we see the calibre of the bloke we’re supposed to be signing.

I find it hard to believe that what Stockport and Wrexham have done in the transfer market hasn’t affected our planning a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah fair enough. I suppose we’ll know more about the thinking when we see the calibre of the bloke we’re supposed to be signing.

I find it hard to believe that what Stockport and Wrexham have done in the transfer market hasn’t affected our planning a bit.
    Yeah it’ll be an interesting one. I’d probably predict Rodrigues to finish our top scorer this season, especially if he’s on pens again.

I’m not sure it matters what the others have done really. There’s only so many points available, and we only play them twice each. If we can go at two points above or a game over the season, we’ll probably win the league.
    Last edited by jacobncfc; 01-08-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Attendance, if I heard it right, 4,839
    That was about double what I expected, the queue to get in was longer than most league games! The scoreline flattered Derby, there was no obvious gulf between the teams. Disappointing to concede in the way we did from the corner for their first, we were starting to get on top in the 10 minutes before it. Matty Palmer looked good, and JOB played well. It's hard to know the standard of opposition we faced, but I took more positives than negatives from the game.

Wow it doesn't take long to get the moaners going. I thought we started slowly, probably giving them to much respect, but also probably aware we needed to pace ourselves, given we were behind them in terms of match fitness, and more players playing ninety minutes. Another day Wootton sticks those chances away no doubt, and we walk off with at least a draw against a championship side.
    We bossed the second half, playing some very attractive football, admitedly both sided weren't busting a gut.
    The only player I thought looked out of touch was Chicksen, that is obviously not his best position, and put Cameron in trouble on more than one occasion, ending up with Cameron being forced into giving the penalty away.
    It was such a shame that Rodrigues was not allowed to show off his talents against that class of opposition, it would have been a great experience for him.
    IB looked very excited about the potential new addition to the squad, lets hope we get it over the line.
    With everyone signed, and fully fit, I see us tearing some sides apart this season.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast