+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Derby County 31.07.21 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Safe to say that 'adding up' isn't your strong suit.
    Also safe to say that 'not being patronising and condescending' isn't your strong suit.

For someone who claims that they only want a Notts based discussion forum, you are doing a pretty poor job. What you really want is a 'Notts based discussion forum where everyone agrees with laddo'. Disagree with an opinion by all means, but my advice for your own good would be that you try and do it in a less sanctimonious and belittling way.

ps Did you go today?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    He will be the third man in attack.
    You can bet your money it'll be some player like Mitch Rose bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Also safe to say that 'not being patronising and condescending' isn't your strong suit.

For someone who claims that they only want a Notts based discussion forum, you are doing a pretty poor job. What you really want is a 'Notts based discussion forum where everyone agrees with laddo'. Disagree with an opinion by all means, but my advice for your own good would be that you try and do it in a less sanctimonious and belittling way.

ps Did you go today?
    Even Mr Rooney agrees with Patro, sorry, Laddo. The plan today was to use mostly younger players and give their senior players a rest.

Safe to say that 'adding up' isn't your strong suit.

Shinnie
    Byrne
    Lawrence
    Bielek
    Buchanan

= 2???????

I don't care what your ex or current season ticket holder told you for you to state that their starting XI was the strongest they could have put out?!? It wasn't even close regardless of the stringent conditions they are currently operating under.

It doesn't bother me, as I stated previously I'm happy they didn't go with a strong XI as it benefited Notts by making it a more even game. The worse thing that could have happened was for Notts to be chasing shadows all game and losing 4-0.

You just need a better sauce.
    Bielek who was out most of the season with an injury? Who is still is getting back in so not exactly in the strongest 11 really.

Buchanan who is also injured?

Shinnie only played because of injuries (hint, same position as Bielek)

So that leaves Byrne and Lawrence, please tell me, that equals 2 right? But addition isn't my strong point. Also to point out, you're being laughed at by sheep fans by the way, my mate says thanks for the laugh at your lack of knowledge on his team 😂

You seem to have quickly forgot that today Notts played Derby in a friendly. Balti claimed that was Derby's strongest XI. I pointed out it isn't, not even close.

If you think about it again you will realise that's a direct link to Notts, they were our opponents after all and impacts the Notts performance and people's perception of the performance. So seriously how is that not a Notts based discussion?

Seems like you once again jump in desperately trying to take things 'off topic' and onto your 'favourite topic'

You need to find that new hobby cos those days are behind us now. People on this board have spoken and moved on.

Please try and keep up

If you still want to go "off topic" start a new thread and label it O/T, that will prevent unwanted hijackings.

I thought that it was a good run out today and the scoreline was not really reflective of how close the game was. We have to remember that we are three weeks away from our first league game and Derby start their campaign next Saturday.

Also when you are playing against a side three levels up it's always going to be one in which the defensive elements of your game are going to come under the spotlight at the expense of your own attacking threat and chances as these maybe limited. That's why it's good to face a test of this nature in pre-season friendly games. This is how the first half was for me. There was a couple of good balls and crosses into the Derby box on the left hand side that were dangerous as well.

In the second half I felt we grew more and more into the game but more importantly also grew as a team together with some good patterns of play and possession and we managed to carve open a couple of real good chances. We should and could have scored two, but creating the chances in the first place and Wootton being in the right place should be a positive against a team three leagues above. In spite of this I still think we do need something extra up top to give us a bit more bite or something different and take the pressure off Wootton's shoulders.

I was impressed with our new signings. I thought in the main they were strong, composed and controlled on the ball and in passing. Matty Palmer was the most impressive and man of match for me. He looked a level above and arguably one of the best players on th pitch. His distribution was good along with set piece delivery from corners and he got into some good positions. Cameron is solid and tall as well and is able to bring the ball forward.

Lots of positives for me for the coming season.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-08-2021 at 08:29 PM.

The other highlights vid seems to have been made ''private'', Try thissun:

You seem to have quickly forgot that today Notts played Derby in a friendly.
    No quote to make it obvious, but I suspect that's aimed at me. I haven't forgotten that we played Derby, because I was there to see it and I've given my thoughts on the game as I always do after every game I attend. I was just trying to help you understand why you were voted 'the most irritating poster' by others on this board. My advice obviously fell on deaf ears.

Once again, did you go today?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Even Mr Rooney agrees with Patro, sorry, Laddo. The plan today was to use mostly younger players and give their senior players a rest.

Is 'erm' more annoying than 'y'know' in an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No quote to make it obvious, but I suspect that's aimed at me. I haven't forgotten that we played Derby, because I was there to see it and I've given my thoughts on the game as I always do after every game I attend. I was just trying to help you understand why you were voted 'the most irritating poster' by others on this board. My advice obviously fell on deaf ears.

Once again, did you go today?

Actually, Laddo has turned into a "normal" human being since his mate has been red carded.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast