+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tell A True Personal Spooky Incident.

Tell A True Personal Spooky Incident.

Most of you know I was born in Harrogate, the same place my parents grew up.

In 1992 I made a house move with my wife in the Stourbridge area and started decorating from top to bottom.

I stripped the bedroom wallpaper and upon removing the paper I found a message written on the wall and signed by someone with the surname of “Spellman”, an uncommon surname and one i had only heard of once before.

My mum had a friend with the same maiden name but it was an old friend with whom she only exchanged Xmas cards with.

Being curious mum hunted down her phone number and gave her a ring to see if her friend Margaret had any knowledge of the person who’s written the message.

It turned out to be her friend’s, brother’s daughter who had written the message as a child.

Spooky to think that I’d bought a house that the brother of my mum’s childhood best friend had owned a 160 miles away from where my mum had grown up next to her and her brother in Harrogate 50 years earlier👀

Here’s one. My dad had trouble with his Volvo parked at the top of the land at much wenlock opposite the quarry. His lights kept going out in the dark on the way home. Got the guy at the quarry who was a top vehicle technician to check it out. Result couldn’t find a fault anywhere, even with his top notch equipment. Then I realised we had stripped a house of its floorboards in a building job so I checked it out. Turned out that it was from a room that used to have regular seances. We got rid of the boards and the lights never played up again. Fact.

Way back when I was 17 and just passed my test I was driving back at about 2am getting off at J1 on the M5 going South, we had been at a family party and I ended up driving back the car of a family mate with him & his 2 boys in the car
    They lived near to the Hawthorns, my parents were in their car 20 seconds ahead of me
    They reached the top of the slip road and turned left onto the A41

Seeing as it was early 90s and 2am there was basically no traffic
    As I approached the top of the slip road there was no vehicle lights coming from the right hand side so it was fair to assume I could turn left without coming to a complete stop, so I slowed down and looked right, no cars and then turned left onto the A41 towards the Hawthorns
    I did however just briefly clock something but didn't take notice as it wasn't a car as I was eager to turn left and move on

The other 3 in the car went nuts after I turned left and swore there was a bloke walking on the roundabout who suddenly disappeared

They swear blind to this to this very day and although I didn't see anything disappear it could have been a figure or something on the roundabout but I wasn't concentrating on it, but the other 3 did

I don't really believe in ghosts, but subsequently did hear from a few people that there have been sightings around there

I’ve told this one before so a few of you will remember this I think.

Many years ago I was away on holiday and as I walked along the promenade I heard a public phone box ring with nobody anywhere near it.

I decided to let the person ringing know that they’d dialled the wrong number and when I spoke and informed them of this they thanked me and said......”is that you Mick?”

It was a friend of mine on the other end of the line👀

The chances of that happening have to be infinitesimal.

I’ve also dreamt of things before they’ve happened although not for quite a long while now, by this I mean things that have happened to me......situations I’ve found myself in that I then recall from memory,

I also have an uncanny knack of knowing someone famous is about to die, Michael
    Jackson was one.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve told this one before so a few of you will remember this I think.

Many years ago I was away on holiday and as I walked along the promenade I heard a public phone box ring with nobody anywhere near it.

I decided to let the person ringing know that they’d dialled the wrong number and when I spoke and informed them of this they thanked me and said......”is that you Mick?”

It was a friend of mine on the other end of the line👀

The chances of that happening have to be infinitesimal.

I’ve also dreamt of things before they’ve happened although not for quite a long while now, by this I mean things that have happened to me......situations I’ve found myself in that I then recall from memory,

I also have an uncanny knack of knowing someone famous is about to die, Michael
    Jackson was one.
    But I’m sure the odds are massively reduced when you have as many friends as you Mick 😉

So when you say you’ve dreamt of things before they happen to you, you mean well in advance? And not the feeling that this happened before as it’s happening like dejavu

I have not remembered a dream since I was about 20, I’m not a big sleeper only do 5-6 hours a night

A couple of years ago an ex colleague of mine and his wife were looking to move house from South London to Devon. They found their ideal house and had their offer accepted. They were pleased as there was no chain, as the previous owner was deceased. When they came to getting the contract details together. they found out the name of the deceased person and to my colleague's horror, he realised it was another ex colleague of ours, who had relocated from London to Devon a few years previously. Needless to say he didn't go through with the sale!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)