I had to turn the radio on about 4, to find out Bonner now plays with one up front.

Why discard a successful tactic, 442, one that got you promoted, without knowing if it works in div 1?

What it does do is indicate to the opposition that you fear them, and subconsciously he speaks to his own players, that he thinks they are not good enough.

Having two up front will use up more of the oppositions resources, and will think twice about committing to many up front, which is a defensive tactic, though you wouldnt think so.

With one up front, one man can mark him. I dont think Ironside can run fast, any old scow of a defender would do. If he actually traps a ball, i dont think he can outstrip a hedgehog.

So any advantage will be lost.

This reminds me of Southgate in the Euros, instead of wanting to win, he lets fear rule.

Fear is more of a handicap than poor players, it will affect every decision Bonner makes.

What he did today was very bad. If he doesnt show confidence and faith, United are down. Oh, to late.

Hes expressed bad faith, and no confidence. One up front, if you can equate football with music, Puccini it aint.

Anna Netrebko has entered in a gown with two glasses of champagne, she looks as she did 15 years ago.

I must go.

Nigel of Sandy.