+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 RUFC - How will we do competition?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Could you let me know the score so I can get a bet on before Saturday?

Actually if the league was to end today ELK would be the winner but plenty of points to win, goals to score and concede yet.

Attachment 21302
    It's mine for the taking then . Am I going for the double this season as well as the Millers?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's mine for the taking then . Am I going for the double this season as well as the Millers?
    I know you've given up on it but with the luck you had in beating me in the Fantasy League a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't bet against you on anything.

Firstly, 2 minutes before the games started I did what you should never do, made a last minute tactical switch and swapped my vice captain and captain, a move that cost me 6 points.

No worries though, with all the games played except one (Burnley v Leicester) I still had an 8 point lead over you and I had a player in the last game whereas you only had a sub who hadn't played for months (Vardy). That's where it gets stranger than fiction. My player Mee got injured and went off after 20 minutes scoring me only 1 point but it's OK I now have a 9 point lead. The game is 0-0 heading into the last 15 minutes and who's that figure warming up, yes it's Jamie Vardy. Comes on, gets an assist and scores a goal but not a problem, only 8 points and he's on your bench anyway. Nope. The weird substitution rules kick in and for some reason your 5-4-1 formation suddenly gets flipped to a 3-4-3 formation and Vardy is subbed in. Still I win 38-37 phew! Nope. Vardy gets star player despite only playing 18 minutes and picks up 3 bonus points. CA 38-40 Brin

I know you've given up on it but with the luck you had in beating me in the Fantasy League a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't bet against you on anything.

Firstly, 2 minutes before the games started I did what you should never do, made a last minute tactical switch and swapped my vice captain and captain, a move that cost me 6 points.

No worries though, with all the games played except one (Burnley v Leicester) I still had an 8 point lead over you and I had a player in the last game whereas you only had a sub who hadn't played for months (Vardy). That's where it gets stranger than fiction. My player Mee got injured and went off after 20 minutes scoring me only 1 point but it's OK I now have a 9 point lead. The game is 0-0 heading into the last 15 minutes and who's that figure warming up, yes it's Jamie Vardy. Comes on, gets an assist and scores a goal but not a problem, only 8 points and he's on your bench anyway. Nope. The weird substitution rules kick in and for some reason your 5-4-1 formation suddenly gets flipped to a 3-4-3 formation and Vardy is subbed in. Still I win 38-37 phew! Nope. Vardy gets star player despite only playing 18 minutes and picks up 3 bonus points. CA 38-40 Brin
    As Victor Meldrew use to say, ‘ I don’t believe it!’ 🤣

Well this past month has put a completely different complexion on this and with 5 games to go, any one of many could lift the trophy (if they can get it back from millertop as I'd already paid out )

Name:  PL1.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  76.2 KB

Update with 4 games to go.

Name:  PL2.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  77.3 KB

So the excitement around who could win this is almost as palpable as our actual league predicament.

Win on Saturday and millertop will win.
    A low scoring draw on Saturday but retain 2nd place millertop will still win.
    Lose on Saturday and Brin will win whether we finish 2nd or 3rd.
    A low scoring draw on Saturday and end up 3rd Brin will win.
    A high scoring draw (3-3) and end up 2nd pip_y will win.
    A really high scoring draw (6-6) and end up 3rd then Ronners will win.

Adventus is close but no cigar as I can't see a permutation where he can win.

Independent of what happens, Wendun can thank ilikecarling for keeping him from the wooden spoon.

I will happily lose this one if we win at Gillingham!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Me too!
    Shameful predicting mentality. You should always put your own glory before the team's, ask Mr. Ladapo

Shameful predicting mentality. You should always put your own glory before the team's, ask Mr. Ladapo
    Ask who? Thought he’d left the building.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast