+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Killie

17 year old Charlie Cowie replaces Josh Rae in goals after a bad challenge from Killie's Haunstrup after 62 mins...

We set up to stifle them and were generally successful doing this but also created a few chances in a game of limited opportunities. Great battle between Nditi and Burke which the young Queens defender clearly came out on top. Perhaps fitness told in the end but we were really unfortunate not to take something from the game. Young Cowie produced a fantastic save at 0 - 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    We set up to stifle them and were generally successful doing this but also created a few chances in a game of limited opportunities. Great battle between Nditi and Burke which the young Queens defender clearly came out on top. Perhaps fitness told in the end but we were really unfortunate not to take something from the game. Young Cowie produced a fantastic save at 0 - 0.
    How bad was Rae's head clash with Haunstrup?

First time I’ve seen 90 minutes of queens this season .I was so impressed with the effort by every single player today. Yes we lacked a bit up front with just playing the one forward but we still created the odd chance, but I can say the same for Kilmarnock. We limited them to very little in the way of chances. Thought Gibson had a good game but nditi was outstanding at left back And had Burke in his back pocket for almost the whole 90 minutes. Mcgrory was another who impressed. Calm on the ball and never gave it away. I was actually surprised when he got hooked. I also thought the goal should never have happened. It was a blatant free kick with a hand ball in the centre circle but the ref gave the free kick to killie. Then three passes later it’s a goal.
    After seeing the effort shown today we will win more than we lose.
    Credit where credit is due. I see the board have invested finally and a number of the players are on 2 year contracts so hopefully this will be the start of good times ahead.
    Same effort against Morton and a bit of composure at the top end of the pitch and it’ll be 3 points I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    How bad was Rae's head clash with Haunstrup?
    Being reported as a badly gashed nose and possibly the cheek but having x-rays to establish the extent of the injury.

Fantastic to be there to see Queens again and a solid performance to take positives from. Possibly the toughest opposition we will face this season.

The game changed when Rae unfortunately went off but I do think a smart tactical move from Wright was to take off Burke. Ntidi who was man marking hin the whole game (fantastic) picked up the new man but they were drifting into new positions infield it allowed for the space to appear and Killy to grab their goal late on. I think we are still lacking in terms of depth going forward which will hopefully be addressed. A couple of injuries in forward positions and we could be in trouble.

Happy overall though and despite our early league position I am very optimistic ahead of the rest of the season.

Being reported as a badly gashed nose and possibly the cheek but having x-rays to establish the extent of the injury.
    Thanks for the update...

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    First time I’ve seen 90 minutes of queens this season .I was so impressed with the effort by every single player today. Yes we lacked a bit up front with just playing the one forward but we still created the odd chance, but I can say the same for Kilmarnock. We limited them to very little in the way of chances. Thought Gibson had a good game but nditi was outstanding at left back And had Burke in his back pocket for almost the whole 90 minutes. Mcgrory was another who impressed. Calm on the ball and never gave it away. I was actually surprised when he got hooked. I also thought the goal should never have happened. It was a blatant free kick with a hand ball in the centre circle but the ref gave the free kick to killie. Then three passes later it’s a goal.
    After seeing the effort shown today we will win more than we lose.
    Credit where credit is due. I see the board have invested finally and a number of the players are on 2 year contracts so hopefully this will be the start of good times ahead.
    Same effort against Morton and a bit of composure at the top end of the pitch and it’ll be 3 points I’m sure
    The league doesn't really settle down until after the first quarter when everyone has each other once.

We’re going to have to sign another goalkeeper for backup as Rae’s injuries are quite bad unfortunately. Broken nose and injuries to his cheek bone & eye socket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)