+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Festy Ebosele

We are playing a team 3 leagues above us. Neither team is going to risk injuries etc, take it as a good work out and test of skills/tactics, bet that is what IB has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    As others have suggested, Ebosele won’t be going out on loan. Particularly, with the state Derby are in.

DKE does a job. I don’t think he’ll be first choice when everyones fit.
    Says who?! He has only made one appearance for Derby, he is in the U23 squad and today was his first start of pre season as Rooney wanted to rest Byrne for next Saturday. Rooney is also hoping to make some signings over the next 48 hours.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Says who?! He has only made one appearance for Derby, he is in the U23 squad and today was his first start of pre season as Rooney wanted to rest Byrne for next Saturday. Rooney is also hoping to make some signings over the next 48 hours.

If you don't ask, you don't get.
    Says who? Common sense/educated guess.

Derby are only allowed to bring in a certain number of signings, not sure on the exact number. If Byrne is a starter, based on today Ebosele is a suitable backup. So, I don’t think another RWB/RB is a priority for them.

But, you’re quite right. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    As others have suggested, Ebosele won’t be going out on loan. Particularly, with the state Derby are in.

DKE does a job. I don’t think he’ll be first choice when everyones fit.
    DKE is good enough imo and will under IB get better. I was more concerned today by the left side of defence, although of course Ebosele was playing there.

We have to remember that these are Championship players, even at U23 level. They are going to be better than what we have.

Not sure where Roberts was playing. IB said he started as a 10 but then he moved him. Good that he was getting stuck into tackles and that he looked OK for the hour he was on the pitch.

Ebosele looked a player of some potential, but he's certainly mastered the upper leagues dark art of simulation. Every little touch had him rolling around like he'd been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    DKE is good enough imo and will under IB get better. I was more concerned today by the left side of defence, although of course Ebosele was playing there.

We have to remember that these are Championship players, even at U23 level. They are going to be better than what we have.

Not sure where Roberts was playing. IB said he started as a 10 but then he moved him. Good that he was getting stuck into tackles and that he looked OK for the hour he was on the pitch.
    I agree re DKE, I have no issues with him. But, I don’t believe he’ll be first choice.

In terms of the left side, we won’t be up against that level of opposition/player on a regular base. I believe Taylor will pose quite a threat going forward and will be adequate defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ebosele looked a player of some potential, but he's certainly mastered the upper leagues dark art of simulation. Every little touch had him rolling around like he'd been shot.
    I'm sure the left wing, bended knee apologists, will be scrutinising your choice of the words "dark arts."

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I'm sure the left wing, bended knee apologists, will be scrutinising your choice of the words "dark arts."
    Seeing as the player concerned is 'a person of colour' (is that allowed?), I should probably have termed it a 'sinister art'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seeing as the player concerned is 'a person of colour' (is that allowed?), I should probably have termed it a 'sinister art'.
    or cheating!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    or cheating!
    Say it as it is I say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12