+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Cahill anyone ?

Gary Cahill anyone ?

Apparently he walked away from Selhurst Park. What do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Apparently he walked away from Selhurst Park. What do you think ?

He fits our remit-over the hill ex-England international but his wages will not be cheap enough for us fortunately.

Do we need another centre-half, not unless Tarks goes and there's no taxi booked yet.

I think Pace has worked out if we keep Tarkowski our chances of a 7th consecutive season in the EPL improve exponentially.

The Gravy Train will run a little while longer...

Attachment 19559

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think Pace has worked out if we keep Tarkowski our chances of a 7th consecutive season in the EPL improve exponentially.

The Gravy Train will run a little while longer...

Attachment 19559
    That train used to have a 'euro' sign on the front and ran to Brussels. But we've de-railed that fecker haven't we ? Although it's not been forgiven or forgotten in Euroland, and won't be for a long time yet.

Cahill was class when he was learning his trade with us, but watching him last season it looks like he's slowing down a bit these days so I'd be wary of signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That train used to have a 'euro' sign on the front and ran to Brussels. But we've de-railed that fecker haven't we ? Although it's not been forgiven or forgotten in Euroland, and won't be for a long time yet.
    I can't believe the Remainers are still f*cking moaning. I go on a dedicated "Remainer" Facebook Page on the odd occasion just to wind them up.

Jolly good fun it is too!

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Cahill was class when he was learning his trade with us, but watching him last season it looks like he's slowing down a bit these days so I'd be wary of signing him.
    By now he should have accrued so much lucre he could happily retire to Capri, or wherever else takes his fancy.

He's not for me though at the Turf, at this stage in his career.

I think we should be looking for a young, talented replacement for Tarks (he could leave on a free at the end of the season) - someone who can learn and grow alongside Ben Mee. Ben must be one of the best centre backs not to have played for England. Maybe Thomas will be the future. I would rather focus on midfield and the strikers. Dwight is carrying the midfield in preseason and we need some pace upfront. Vydraj has pace but he doesn’t hit the back of the net enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I think we should be looking for a young, talented replacement for Tarks (he could leave on a free at the end of the season) - someone who can learn and grow alongside Ben Mee. Ben must be one of the best centre backs not to have played for England. Maybe Thomas will be the future. I would rather focus on midfield and the strikers. Dwight is carrying the midfield in preseason and we need some pace upfront. Vydraj has pace but he doesn’t hit the back of the net enough.
    We bought Collins on a long term deal, I hope Thomas can break through too!

I back Vydra to score 15 goals in the EPL this season - no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)