+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Edged the first half

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Tam & Liam must go out of their way to pick sh!te starting XIs.
    Why don't they listen to us who know so much more.
    I didn't even get an interview.
    You've been saying this for about a year now. Are you saying the fans are wrong when they say Butcher, Harkes and Pawlett aren't good enough? Are they wrong when they say three at the back doesn't work with our very average full backs? Were they wrong when they repeated week after week that Clark wasn't a midfielder? Are they wrong when they scream for creativity every transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You've been saying this for about a year now. Are you saying the fans are wrong when they say Butcher, Harkes and Pawlett aren't good enough? Are they wrong when they say three at the back doesn't work with our very average full backs? Were they wrong when they repeated week after week that Clark wasn't a midfielder? Are they wrong when they scream for creativity every transfer window?
    But why are they all clueless whilst we know everything, that doesn't seem right.
    Are you suggesting we'd be better off with you as our Head Coach?
    Maybe it's not so easy as we think.
    Why would they pick sh!te teams?
    Tam, Micky, Robbie, Csaba, Ray, Mixu....they're all guilty.

But why are they all clueless whilst we know everything, that doesn't seem right.
    There's definitely an impression amongst fans that things are much easier than they actually are. As you imply, if it were that easy we'd all be doing it. Most (not all) fan opinion is qualified with the benefit of hindsight where as someone picking a football team for a match doesn't have that benefit.

No, that's not what I'm saying but f*ck me mate, it doesn't take a Guardiola to watch our games last season and see where our failings are and what does/doesn't work. Yet here we are, first game of the season playing the exact team and style we played last season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    No, that's not what I'm saying but f*ck me mate, it doesn't take a Guardiola to watch our games last season and see where our failings are and what does/doesn't work. Yet here we are, first game of the season playing the exact team and style we played last season.
    Are thery all trying to hijack us then?

Are thery all trying to hijack us then?
    Obviously, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There's definitely an impression amongst fans that things are much easier than they actually are. As you imply, if it were that easy we'd all be doing it. Most (not all) fan opinion is qualified with the benefit of hindsight where as someone picking a football team for a match doesn't have that benefit.
    Its easy because this is the internet and forums are a place where us the uneducated are permitted to voice our OPINIONS!

You keep trotting this hindsight pish, but people are forming opinions on what they see right in front of them, and players like Harkes and Pawlett should not be anywhere near the team based on the opinion of a majority of us uneducated fans.

I would be genuinely interested to see the professional train of thought that goes into giving a starting place to a player like Harkes or Pawlett, or playing Clark out of position, because im totally baffled right now!

When you get live game on sky sports and they have all they punters telling you what happened they must know punters at home know the same thing, there is a huge dif knowing what is wrong what were needing who is no good enough, why its boring to watch , does not mean in the slightest fans are wrong what they see. than be a manager of a club, if punters know nothing about the game you would not pay to watch it..As they say TC the stage is yours ..go and show how good a coach you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its easy because this is the internet and forums are a place where us the uneducated are permitted to voice our OPINIONS!

You keep trotting this hindsight pish, but people are forming opinions on what they see right in front of them, and players like Harkes and Pawlett should not be anywhere near the team based on the opinion of a majority of us uneducated fans.

I would be genuinely interested to see the professional train of thought that goes into giving a starting place to a player like Harkes or Pawlett, or playing Clark out of position, because im totally baffled right now!
    The part about hindsight isn't pish. I'm just making the point it's easy looking back in hindsight but harder if you need to do it before.

I'm well aware that folk are entitled to voice their opinions, as am I. As to whether folk are uneducated or not, I would have no idea, I don't know many of the folk that post on here. ��
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 04-08-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    When you get live game on sky sports and they have all they punters telling you what happened they must know punters at home know the same thing, there is a huge dif knowing what is wrong what were needing who is no good enough, why its boring to watch , does not mean in the slightest fans are wrong what they see. than be a manager of a club, if punters know nothing about the game you would not pay to watch it..As they say TC the stage is yours ..go and show how good a coach you are.
    Well the club have come out in agreement that what we were watching wasn't good enough. Now we just need to wait and see if the decisions they have made (and are still making regarding transfers) are good ones or not. Takes time though and we are starting from a reasonable base IMHO.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)