+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Edged the first half

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    As much as the early signs are not great and today hasn't helped my expectations with Courts. I'm still willing to give him a chance (you need to I suppose) This vision and gamble we are taking I felt wasn't the correct timing for where we are as a club. We survived last season back in the top flight. A season of no fans and Covid restrictions. We needed know how. Experience. Similar to Mellon if he was desperate to go. Someone who could clarify us further as a premiership side. Push us on. Then in a year or twos time we could try this sort of thing when we have a good few years in the prem behind us and have established ourselves again. McInnes fit the bill for me at the time.

IF courts was to fail. Id want us to throw everything for McInnes like we should have done in the summer
    Was exactly my reasoning for calling for McInnes, it was what we needed as a club, steady and reliable for 2-3 years, this wasn't the time for risk

As you say have to give Courts the benefit which is what I've been saying but it will be short lived if we don't see anything after the first quarter

Listened to the game on the radio and only sensible measured person was Jim Mc, United legend and the man for me to manage the team.

TC stated in an interview that Utd are hoping the bring in 3-4 new players before the transfer window closes and are working hard to achieve that. We could be wrong in assuming these new players would be in addition to what we already have, or would strengthen the team? The flip side is that we could lose 3-4 of our better players, eg Shankland, Siegrist, Robson, etc. This could mean we are no better off in the end. We need at least 3-4 new players 'in addition' to new players replacing those mentioned.

We occupy the play-off spot at the moment. It's not inconceivable that we will be a few points adrift on bottom spot by the end of the transfer window if we leave things late?

I'm still really annoyed about yesterday, we have so many basic things wrong with the starting eleven, that was apparent last season even when we were winning games, and we just went back to the same unimaginative formula yesterday. Melon got a pass last year because he inherited a limited bunch of pros and the covid/hearts legal stuff, but 18 months on and nothing changes. I really want these guys to succeed at United, but by god that lame performance yesterday did nothing to build confidence, at least get the basics right and make us tough to beat if you aren't going to change the players, unfortunately the phrase you can't polish a turd springs to mind, if you think you can turn that starting eleven yesterday into a good football team it aint going to happen, this team has players who couldnt impose themselves in the championship. If our youngsters aren't good enough or ready, then we need more than ever to make the signings in the key areas we have all been saying for 18 months, and the manager needs to step up and to prove his tactical nouse and motivation.

Think I'd have had a lot more respect for him and gave an honest assessment that we had not played well and needed to do better.

Think it has really just galvanised us all against him after yesterday.

My fear is after 4 games we have zero points, no signings, potentially sold some players a manager with no top level experience and a back office of too many staff and not enough quality.

Quote Originally Posted by angusarab View Post

My fear is after 4 games we have zero points, no signings, potentially sold some players a manager with no top level experience and a back office of too many staff and not enough quality.
    thats the harsh reality of what we face and the reason so many people have had concerns but were accused of being too negative.

This is very real.

Quote Originally Posted by angusarab View Post
    Think I'd have had a lot more respect for him and gave an honest assessment that we had not played well and needed to do better.

Think it has really just galvanised us all against him after yesterday.

Yeah, statements like that are actually irresponsible from him and gives the impression he doesn't have a clue. It pretty much confirms what most fans are thinking, he's too inexperienced.

I felt an overwhelming sadness at our starting line up yesterday and honestly haven't been able to shake it since. An absolute disgrace tbh.

Please give us some quality signings.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, statements like that are actually irresponsible from him and gives the impression he doesn't have a clue. It pretty much confirms what most fans are thinking, he's too inexperienced.
    The worry for most is the whole setup is too inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    I felt an overwhelming sadness at our starting line up yesterday and honestly haven't been able to shake it since. An absolute disgrace tbh.

Please give us some quality signings.

It was obvious looking at the line up it was a team that would create nothing. What's most depressing is these ineffective midfielders were handed new contracts.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)