+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Edged the first half

I wonder what side he will start with, will he go same old same old after all our plans for this season, if he gives Pawlett and Harkes an auto start, he is just going to get more more turn against him .. i wonder what his plan of action.

Like many others on here I'm definitely giving TC a chance. But it's a results business and the way the early fixtures have fallen is a bit unlucky for him. He either needs to find a new formula with existing players or some additional quality coming in. Hopefully both.

But I think most of the fanbase was disappointed to say the least when they saw the Pittodrie lineup announced.

Tam & Liam must go out of their way to pick sh!te starting XIs.
    Why don't they listen to us who know so much more.
    I didn't even get an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Tam & Liam must go out of their way to pick sh!te starting XIs.
    Why don't they listen to us who know so much more.
    I didn't even get an interview.
    I get that you are a staunch defender Smeds but you don't need a coaching badge an iPad or an analyst degree to know some very obvious things about the football you've been watching for several seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I get that you are a staunch defender Smeds but you don't need a coaching badge an iPad or an analyst degree to know some very obvious things about the football you've been watching for several seasons.
    Just keep letting the senior players pick the team. As long as we can edge a first half with no shots on goal all is good

Ju
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

But I think most of the fanbase was disappointed to say the least when they saw the Pittodrie lineup announced.
    ^^^^ this all day long

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Ju

^^^^ this all day long
    What I’d like to know is:

Did we simply go with the cheap option, or REALLY intend to promote the youth players?
    Sunday’s selection and performance has the jury out on that one.
    If TC persists with the same team as last week (against Rangers), then I believe we simply went with the cheap option, but tried to masquerade it as being the only managerial option to blood youth, and I’m sorry, but that not only leaves more of a bitter taste, than the risk of bringing the youth players through the system (with an intent to sell on), but tries to make a mug of the fans, which are the lifeblood of any team.
    So many mixed messages from the club, it’s no wonder the fans are divided and very, very frustrated and vociferous!
    The next few weeks, and selection will be telling, and ultimately determine TC’s future.

I honestly think we are getting lied to left right centre, start of we are interviewing people for the job, yeh right nobody else got interviewed if they were who were they, we will be getting 3,4 new players in, yeh right course we are, TA no happy with the way played last year, first game season we play the team that bored everyone. i never heard TC interview thank god, but i did watch game we were fk awful, and he said we played well, i usually don't give fk what other team say, but they must been laughing there heads off, we were the better team for much game. he is digging a hole, better start being honest, or fans wont take it for very long.

I don't disagree with you, I thought the selection on Sunday was appalling and went against everything we were promised, attacking, exciting football and youth being given a chance. I'm just not convinced playing against the current champions is the right to be binning all the old guard and blooding the youngsters. I want to see the youngsters as much as anyone but if they play, we get hammered, which let's be honest could happen what does that do to their confidence and morale going forward?

Honestly, if the club said they were going with the most cost effective solution, while they would still get a bit of grief from fans no doubt (by communicating that), more fans would be behind them (because of transparency)!

However, if we are looking after the pennies, why the feck did we give extensions to players that hardly pulled their weight last season? For me, that’s the biggest failure, and it’s preventing much needed signatures this season, which is simply not acceptable!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)