+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Standout Reds player this season ?

Standout Reds player this season ?

I'm hoping it's Style's , however I'm going for Brittan/britian ?, a player who has done remarkably well and looking to improve , a star in the making ? Hopefully , I wish them all well that wear the Red shirt ♡♡♡♡♡

I think Toby Sibbick could really shine this season .

Got all the attributes , pace and reads the game very well for a young kid , he's going to come on leaps and bounds with us playing a bit more football .

Out of Helik , Andersen and Kitching Toby could be the pick of the lot in my opinion .

I also believe Josh Benson could be a real gem for us this season .

Josh Benson ? Got all the pedigree ex Arsenal etc , I'm hoping he can make a difference , Kane had similar pedigree when he signed from Liverpool , maybe too much is being asked of these young lads ? My own view is , we need someone with experience ( wivall said same ) at some point , losing Mowatt wernt a problem for me personally , overated in my view , however he did have experience, thissul bite us ont arse not having a Solbauer type figure helping out the Midfield,
    Announce Conor Hourihane , ahh sowes !! Forza di Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Josh Benson ? Got all the pedigree ex Arsenal etc , I'm hoping he can make a difference , Kane had similar pedigree when he signed from Liverpool , maybe too much is being asked of these young lads ? My own view is , we need someone with experience ( wivall said same ) at some point , losing Mowatt wernt a problem for me personally , overated in my view , however he did have experience, thissul bite us ont arse not having a Solbauer type figure helping out the Midfield,
    Announce Conor Hourihane , ahh sowes !! Forza di Reds
    Always a place for at least one seasoned pro with enthusiasm to do well in our squad Roma .

To be fair I've noticed from last season and continuing this that we are recruiting players at 25 years old , Freiser , Helik and Morris as well as the younger lads like Kitching and Benson .

This is probably why we won't see another Solly for the foreseeable .

After seeing him for just 45 mins yesterday I’m going for Josh Benson what a signature we managed to get here.

Don’t laugh but I could well see Devante Cole turn out to be the surprise package if he manages to get the right number of starts.

Brittain & Styles will continue to improve and its going to be very interesting watching these two along with a few others continuing to develop with the previous championship season under their belts.

The future is bright in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    After seeing him for just 45 mins yesterday I’m going for Josh Benson what a signature we managed to get here.

Don’t laugh but I could well see Devante Cole turn out to be the surprise package if he manages to get the right number of starts.

Brittain & Styles will continue to improve and its going to be very interesting watching these two along with a few others continuing to develop with the previous championship season under their belts.

The future is bright in my opinion.
    I agree with you on Devante Cole Poggy , the lads got pace to run in behind and all things equal he could be an astute piece of business .

Yep Id also love to see Devante Cole prove us wrong and hit the heights up front, we will have to see.
    And speaking of that, I hope Carlton Morris can be a real threat and a goalscorer up front, which we saw him do last season when he wasn't even fully fit of course.

Roma, I agree with your choice of of Callum Styles, if we use him properly then we really could see the best of him.
    And going back to if players stay fully fit, I hope we can see more of Jordan Williams do like he did with that goal at Swanny in the Play offs. He showed he has great pace and surprisingly great strength actually.
    Last edited by Acido; 01-08-2021 at 08:34 PM.