+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Laptop analysis of the opening weekend of The Scottish Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We've played one (1) league game.
    Yes and at 5pm Saturday it'll be 2.

It's not one game though it's everything that is going on around it.
    Did you actually watch the game?
    If so did you think that was acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a hard one as there are a lot of United fans who aren't prepared to give TC a chance to prove himself. It saddens me we have so many fans that are as intolerant as this but I guess even JYM got it in the neck constantly. ☹️
    Terence,i am willing to give him a chance but telling the players they edged the 1st half when they clearly never is a recipe for disaster.I never agreed with his post matcher v Livingston and yesterday although i refused to listen to it apparently was even more baffling.
    He was appointed to follow a plan and yesterday he failed to carry that plan out.I dinnie agree with the plan but he does so why not implement it?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Terence,i am willing to give him a chance but telling the players they edged the 1st half when they clearly never is a recipe for disaster.I never agreed with his post matcher v Livingston and yesterday although i refused to listen to it apparently was even more baffling.
    He was appointed to follow a plan and yesterday he failed to carry that plan out.I dinnie agree with the plan but he does so why not implement it?.
    GB - I’m willing to give Thomas the benefit of the doubt that he was infact doing a ‘Sir Alex’ by publicly backing them but privately in the changing room was actually giving them pelters. However so far, on the evidence seen, that is where the comparisons between TC and SAF very firmly stop.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I dinnie agree with the plan but he does so why not implement it?.
    It seems to me a lot of assumptions have been made about this plan. Certainly the line up yesterday casts doubt over it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    GB - I’m willing to give Thomas the benefit of the doubt that he was infact doing a ‘Sir Alex’ by publicly backing them but privately in the changing room was actually giving them pelters. However so far, on the evidence seen, that is where the comparisons between TC and SAF very firmly stop.
    That's very fair comment. The day he comes out in the press and has a go at the players is usually the start of a mangers downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Yes and at 5pm Saturday it'll be 2.

It's not one game though it's everything that is going on around it.
    Did you actually watch the game?
    If so did you think that was acceptable?
    I've already posted that I didn't watch the game live as I was attending a wedding. It doesn't matter how ****e we played though (well if we'd been absolutely hammered, which we weren't, then maybe) one league game (and, yes, even two) isn't enough time to be giving a manager.

Have to say and I’ve thought this for a while and increasingly see it this way that there will be no incoming signings until there are some outgoings. Money in is needed to shell money out for new players. I suspect the Club genuinely thought that Benji in particular would be away by now for circa 400-500k and that is having a big impact on our transfer plans. Should Jamie Robson go, that may be the catalyst we need to get things moving a bit and let’s face it, the Club are showing zero determination to hang on to him. Basically because we need the dosh.

Well you don't know they aren't trying to put him off going. You may will be right though. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    G i said it when TC was appointed i fear we will go straight back doon
    nail on the head

appoint people above their station when a crucial appointment was needed-that doesn't work

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)