+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Laptop analysis of the opening weekend of The Scottish Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Relegation summarization from what i watched.

The Rangers?,NO.
    Celtic with a defence packed we Anton Rogan defenders,NO.
    Aberdeen with a rookie manager?,NO.
    Hibs with Jake Doyle Hayes?,NO.
    Hearts with Mr Negative football personified?,NO
    ST Johnstone the double cup winners?,NO.
    Motherwell who lost 17 players?,NO.
    ST FN Mirren who lost Jake Doyle Hayes?,NO
    The Funsters with a bit of creativity and a couple of decent strikers?,not sure
    Livingston having lost their NO2 and Goalkeeping coach?,not sure.
    Ross County with a billionaire owner and Malky Mackay?,not sure.
    Dundee United with an inexperienced Sporting Director,Head Coach,NO2 Coach,First Team Coach,lower league Goalkeeping coach,no creative midfielder and only one top tier striker?,the remainder of the Transfer window will decide our fate.

Nae negativity there in my opinion just a very honest assessment.
    Not only honest GB, but at this early stage very realistic. However, if we take a few beatings at this stage it might force the signing of some quality players?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Not only honest GB, but at this early stage very realistic. However, if we take a few beatings at this stage it might force the signing of some quality players?
    One of the reasons why we were all screaming to get recruiting, was we wanted this done before the world knew how crap we really are.
    Now the costs will be inflated due to our perceived desperation
    However, more worryingly is it may force the exit of our own quality.

Could the club really have fecked this up anymore, we have a group of tried and tested sub-standard players, who don't seem to give a s hit but the untried and untested who are in charge of running and coaching the club continue to deem them as 1st team starters.

We have a group of youngsters who are losing confidence by not being picked, most likely because they may bottle it.

It needs action NOW, not on transfer deadline day not in 11 games NOW, every point is precious, one point or even goal difference could mean the difference between going down or staying up.

NO EDGING NO HEMMING IN JUST DO IT QUICK

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its no easy to say this mate but i think The Dees are a more naturally attacking side than we are and will score more goals than we do if both squads remain the same till the end of the window.
    In saying that its true they may well concede more goals than us but at this time i think they would be more likely to pick up more 3 points in games whereas we may achieve more 1 point draws than them.
    You can never be sure with Ross County because MacGregor in January may well throw the kitchen sink at staying up,he has form for doing that.As for Livi well F knows?,all i can say is we really must finish above them to be certain of avoiding automatic relegation.
    Looks like McGregor is throwing the kitchen sink at it in Aug. Five new signings this week by the sounds of it.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...rsal-fracture/

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    One of the reasons why we were all screaming to get recruiting, was we wanted this done before the world knew how crap we really are.
    Now the costs will be inflated due to our perceived desperation
    However, more worryingly is it may force the exit of our own quality.

Could the club really have fecked this up anymore, we have a group of tried and tested sub-standard players, who don't seem to give a s hit but the untried and untested who are in charge of running and coaching the club continue to deem them as 1st team starters.

We have a group of youngsters who are losing confidence by not being picked, most likely because they may bottle it.

It needs action NOW, not on transfer deadline day not in 11 games NOW, every point is precious, one point or even goal difference could mean the difference between going down or staying up.

NO EDGING NO HEMMING IN JUST DO IT QUICK
    Nail hit firmly on head AJ

Ironic that MM's pinacle was Pittodrie, our best (only?) performance of his season. Cos that yesterday was NOT the worst I've seen us play Pittodrie, we've had some shockers up there over the years too. Think everyone needs to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Ironic that MM's pinacle was Pittodrie, our best (only?) performance of his season. Cos that yesterday was NOT the worst I've seen us play Pittodrie, we've had some shockers up there over the years too. Think everyone needs to calm down.
    It's a hard one as there are a lot of United fans who aren't prepared to give TC a chance to prove himself. It saddens me we have so many fans that are as intolerant as this but I guess even JYM got it in the neck constantly. ☹️

Lads, that was abysmal yesterday. First game of the season. No fight. No dig. Men vs boys and they weren't even that good. We have the same team who dished up utter dross last season whilst watching every other team around us strengthen. The Fun looked right up for it on Sat. Both Motherwell and Hibs looked excellent & exciting to watch yesterday. Hearts fighting till the death against Celtic and here's us, turgid, unable to string two passes together, basically a carbon copy of last season but with a manager that almost no one has any confidence in due to him having never managed a professional football club in his life. Not only that, to rub salt into our wounds he comes away with the fact he thought we should've scored two goals before half time and were the better team!!

I'm not one to let a result bother me for days on end but I'm still pissed off at yesterday and really have no idea where we go from here with this team. This is our football club. We've been concerned right through pre season and the last thing we needed was that yesterday. EXACTLY what we were concerned about. So please don't be telling anyone to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a hard one as there are a lot of United fans who aren't prepared to give TC a chance to prove himself. It saddens me we have so many fans that are as intolerant as this but I guess even JYM got it in the neck constantly. ☹️
    Has anyone actually come out to say TC will not be given the chance though? I think even those with the most serious of concerns are willing to give him a chance, and although i myself had written off the first 2 games, we still need to see what players can be brought in and what can be done in 5 of the next 9 games.

It frustrates me so much when JYM is mentioned in any side of the current argument as the times are so different because we didnt have social media for a start, but we had a manager that we could see was not happy and wasnt afraid to tell whoever it wasnt good enough even when we were winning, so us the support didnt need to voice our concerns from the terracing! What did we get yesterday, "you edged it boys!"

I was optimistic there would be a change in some dead wood and an attacking type of play and prepared to accept defeats for progress. Not prepared to accept same old and one of the most shocking after game analysis from a manager ever. Hopefully he learns. That was pathetic not acceptable but we knew that when we saw the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I was optimistic there would be a change in some dead wood and an attacking type of play and prepared to accept defeats for progress. Not prepared to accept same old and one of the most shocking after game analysis from a manager ever. Hopefully he learns. That was pathetic not acceptable but we knew that when we saw the team.
    We've played one (1) league game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)