+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Laptop analysis of the opening weekend of The Scottish Premiership

My Laptop analysis of the opening weekend of The Scottish Premiership

Relegation summarization from what i watched.

The Rangers?,NO.
    Celtic with a defence packed we Anton Rogan defenders,NO.
    Aberdeen with a rookie manager?,NO.
    Hibs with Jake Doyle Hayes?,NO.
    Hearts with Mr Negative football personified?,NO
    ST Johnstone the double cup winners?,NO.
    Motherwell who lost 17 players?,NO.
    ST FN Mirren who lost Jake Doyle Hayes?,NO
    The Funsters with a bit of creativity and a couple of decent strikers?,not sure
    Livingston having lost their NO2 and Goalkeeping coach?,not sure.
    Ross County with a billionaire owner and Malky Mackay?,not sure.
    Dundee United with an inexperienced Sporting Director,Head Coach,NO2 Coach,First Team Coach,lower league Goalkeeping coach,no creative midfielder and only one top tier striker?,the remainder of the Transfer window will decide our fate.

Nae negativity there in my opinion just a very honest assessment.

Negative bas. 😂😂

Not even sure the transfer window will save us tbh mate, not unless we plan on signing a whole new team.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Negative bas. ����

Not even sure the transfer window will save us tbh mate, not unless we plan on signing a whole new team.
    Its no easy to say this mate but i think The Dees are a more naturally attacking side than we are and will score more goals than we do if both squads remain the same till the end of the window.
    In saying that its true they may well concede more goals than us but at this time i think they would be more likely to pick up more 3 points in games whereas we may achieve more 1 point draws than them.
    You can never be sure with Ross County because MacGregor in January may well throw the kitchen sink at staying up,he has form for doing that.As for Livi well F knows?,all i can say is we really must finish above them to be certain of avoiding automatic relegation.

G i said it when TC was appointed i fear we will go straight back doon

Still very early in the season however today certainly doesn't look good. Tough game like next week as well but I think we all expected more of a performance.

Every other game had a sense of both teams being up for it because its the first game of the season. We didn't! we were lacklustre in one of our bigger games of the season plus the opening day! We should have been buzzing for this one. Playing with a tempo or intensity to reflect the excitement for the new season but that was just like last season! only difference is MM probably would have sneaked us a draw (he did like playing Aberdeen after all)

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    G i said it when TC was appointed i fear we will go straight back doon
    The most disappointing thing about today was the team selection,Mellon was binned for not following the plan so what does our new dynamic Head Coach do?,he follows in Micky's footsteps without the tactical nous to bore a chunt to death with another 0-0.

Not for one minute am i saying he should have went with loads O bairns but jesus phuck at least 3 should have played instead of some of Micky's regulars in midfield and i include Clark with them.

If we are gonna fail at least let us do it with a smile on our pusses and some good energetic play from our talented youngsters.Is that really asking too much?.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Still very early in the season however today certainly doesn't look good. Tough game like next week as well but I think we all expected more of a performance.

Every other game had a sense of both teams being up for it because its the first game of the season. We didn't! we were lacklustre in one of our bigger games of the season plus the opening day! We should have been buzzing for this one. Playing with a tempo or intensity to reflect the excitement for the new season but that was just like last season! only difference is MM probably would have sneaked us a draw (he did like playing Aberdeen after all)
    Spot on with your last sentence mate,bored oot O our tits but one point at least on the board.Glass and the SS must have been as happy as a Funster when Micky got the bullet.

It's the one thing you could always give MM. We would always pick up points from somewhere. We could bored ourselves a few draws, scrap a win and we would be ok. You knew where you were with MM. As the season went on, you knew you weren't expecting entertainment but you knew you could sneak a win here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The most disappointing thing about today was the team selection,Mellon was binned for not following the plan so what does our new dynamic Head Coach do?,he follows in Micky's footsteps without the tactical nous to bore a chunt to death with another 0-0.

Not for one minute am i saying he should have went with loads O bairns but jesus phuck at least 3 should have played instead of some of Micky's regulars in midfield and i include Clark with them.

If we are gonna fail at least let us do it with a smile on our pusses and some good energetic play from our talented youngsters.Is that really asking too much?.
    agreed mate, how no play the laddies freeman and duffy as wing backs see how they get on? gie mochrie a chance and get harkes/pawllet to f uck

nae excuses the day

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    It's the one thing you could always give MM. We would always pick up points from somewhere. We could bored ourselves a few draws, scrap a win and we would be ok. You knew where you were with MM. As the season went on, you knew you weren't expecting entertainment but you knew you could sneak a win here or there.
    very true daz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)