+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out of reach

Out of reach

So Adam reach signs for WBA and we are still using the same old excuses.
    Would he of helped us?
    100 percent but here we are going into the first game of the season with no signings and a well past it manager still at the helm.
    "Possession football is the way forward"
    Only if you have the talent to do so tony.

sorry mate, I have been on my jollies.
    Yeah I saw this. Figures really, he did train with them all summer.
    This on the face of it, was a complete non story. His agent was trying to leverage some more money for his contract, so touted him around other clubs, like us.

I would not see this as a player lost. We where never in for him.
    We cannot go in with a club like WBA for a player. We are not operating on the same planet.
    Its grossly unfair they have £147m in the bank for failing and we are £200m in debt. Its killing football.
    We had this with Kipre the season before. WBA signed him to stop us signing him. They have done the same here. Reach will not play. They just don't want him going to a club who may improve. They can afford to stock pile players. Failure has enabled them to buy some of the best players at our level.
    Kipre has never started one game for WBA. He is a decent centre half for our level. Its a disgrace this is being allowed.
    While I am critical of our club, this is part of the reason I am bored of football overall. We are all being cheated.
    We could not possibly afford Reach's wages. Only a few at our level could. The 3 relegated sides from the Prem.
    Who have a massively unfair advantage over the rest.

What he did add was we will only be bringing in loan players. He wants 5. The only reason they have been unable to bring any young under 23's loans is they are all being used by their parent clubs for pre season training & friendlies. As the first teamers have all been given an extended break due to Euros etc. Its the same as most clubs with that. They will all be sent out soon but the window is open until the end of Aug. Meaning alot of our business will be done well after the start of the season.
    We have no money to offer any contract extensions to Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton etc. Unless Armstrong is sold and that money will not be used to reinvest in the team, they will not be able to retain any more players past the end of the season. Anyone thinking we will be straight out buying a replacement striker with a high fee and big wages, if he does leave, will be disappointed.

Impending doom is upon us.
    Personally I find it very short sighted banking the whole money when there are future assets potentially going for next to nowt next season.
    At the very least tie them down and blood some youth.
    Bournemouth last night was a case in point,if you have an academy USE IT.

The money has run out. It's as simple as that look at all the cut backs being made behind the scenes. All heads of recruitment etc.
    We cannot afford to offer any player a contract extension and cannot reinvest in the first team.
    To me it makes no sense selling Armstrong. Palace are the latest side wanting him. But they dont have anything like £20m we want.
    If we keep him until the end of the season and can agree a new contract with him then we do NOT have to give the 40% arll on ti Newcastle. Sit him down ask hom what he wants wages wise and pay it him. Keep him for another season, if he bangs in another 25 plus again then he can go next summer. If anyone is willing to meet his value. Then we get 100% of the profit.
    Selling him to Palace for £10m will not make a dent in our debt. Nor will it service anything of note. And will not be reinvested in the side
    Re today, they are going to have to rely on the young lads and hope they step up.
    We missed a tonne of chances but still got 2 goals and a crucial win. Even at this early stage we need as many 3 points as possible. Until we start getting the loan signings in we need to keep Ayala fit and rely heavily on these young lads.
    Good that both SG and Brereton are stepping up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)