+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Turkey tourists hotspots in trouble

O/T Turkey tourists hotspots in trouble

Bushfires destroying popular destinations

Don’t you go to Turkey a lot Eric?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58051746

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bushfires destroying popular destinations

Don’t you go to Turkey a lot Eric?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58051746

Hot Turkey Sandwiches anybody !

I love Turkey Millertop, should have been there in May for 3 weeks, & planned for 3-4
    weeks September.
    Devastating what is happening, a lot of ex-pats losing their homes, the Marmaris road
    to Icemeller can walk it normally, 2 resorts together within a mile, but road closed
    yesterday due to the fires.
    We have been in Turkey before when fires were on, around our hotel in Gumbet one
    year.
    We always go to Calis Beach now next to Fethiye, with the resorts of Hisaronu &
    Olu Deniz a stones throw away.
    We have friends there now on holiday for the 90 day limit on the visas, plus Turkish
    friends who own hotels , restaurants & bars.
    Hopefully the fires will come under control, the country has been hit with losing
    tourism through covid-19, then now the fires.
    Like many countries Turkey depend on tourism.

We were lucky enough to get a 2 week holiday in August, & 3 week holiday in September
    last year, in Calis Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We were lucky enough to get a 2 week holiday in August, & 3 week holiday in September
    last year, in Calis Beach.
    I always go to Calis when im in Turkey, i stay in the Oykon near the main through road. Been there about 3 or 4 times now. I stayed at Poppies apts( over the main road) with my daughter and family once. Nice, English lass runs them.
    Great place.....always sit in Joseph's bar for the football.

Really sorry to hear this. We live with the threat of wildfires all through the summer and it's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I always go to Calis when im in Turkey, i stay in the Oykon near the main through road. Been there about 3 or 4 times now. I stayed at Poppies apts( over the main road) with my daughter and family once. Nice, English lass runs them.
    Great place.....always sit in Joseph's bar for the football.
    I've been going in the Oykun Hotel for years Avondalemiller, I know the family quite well & keep in touch with Oykun, I used to
    book direct with Oykun, hotel named after him, then pay him when I got there.
    I know Joseph , good bar for a drink & to watch football.
    Calis Beach they have just about finished revamping the promenade, great restaurants, Geri Halliwell has a villa on the
    Sovalye island across from Calis beach.
    The 5 weeks I spent in Calis beach last year was in the Oykun Hotel.

Bodrum, the modern name for the site of Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, one of the ancient wonders of the world, destroyed by earthquake so the area is subject to natural disasters.