+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp 2021/22 - WEEK 1

Predictocomp 2021/22 - WEEK 1

Welcome back.

I’ve again decided to keep it the same as previous seasons because it works well, most folk know what to expect and it saves me changing this bit every season. There may be a few newbies, so just look at what the others do. All are welcome so bring your friends - it costs nothing to enter. You’re all playing for the kudos of winning, £80 prize money (so far) to the winner and to hopefully avoid the pointing and laughing that comes with finishing bottom. If anyone else feels like sweetening the pot just let me know.

I pick the games, mainly from the EFL, and avoid the Premier League like the plague. I’m trying to be a bit more formulaic this season by choosing games differently. Wherever possible I’ll go with the first, third, fifth and last of those kicking off at 3 o’clock in each appropriate Division according to the BBC. If that isn’t possible it’s my discretion, e.g. cup games where I’ll ignore those matches involving Prem teams. I avoid the Prem because this isn’t just about the teams that are always on the telly or players that are forever in the newspapers. It’s about the games where money isn’t everything.

I generally put the games up around Tuesday each week and entries should be in before kick-off for each game. I produce a league table after every week’s games. If points are the same, up to the final week I’ll put folk in reverse alphabetical order (it changes each season). If a game is postponed, I’ll award points when the game is eventually played. Probably important with covid still hanging about and global warming meaning that we get snow in August. Possibly.

HOW TO PLAY

SO…. In each of the three groups try and forecast the results of two of the games and the final scores of the other two. It’s that simple.
    Three points are awarded for correct scores. One point is given for each correct result. If a score prediction is wrong but you got the result correct you’ll get a point for that too. You’ll catch on quickly but remember it’s a marathon lasting 40 weeks. Good luck.

GROUP A
    Blackburn v Swansea
    Cardiff v Barnsley
    Luton v Peterborough
    Stoke v Reading

GROUP B
    Bolton v MK Dons
    Crewe v Cheltenham
    Fleetwood v Portsmouth
    Wycombe v Accrington

GROUP C
    Carlisle v Colchester
    Forest Green v Sutton
    Hartlepool v Crawley
    Tranmere v Walsall

I had a bet with a poster on another forum that I would beat him predicting Euro scores and on the final game I was six points ahead and the only way that he could beat me was to predict the exact score for seven points... He went with 1-1
    I've thrown down the gauntlet and offered him a rematch on here,if he takes it up the challenge then I will give it my full attention and pray that I last the season and don't go AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Welcome back.

I’ve again decided to keep it the same as previous seasons because it works well, most folk know what to expect and it saves me changing this bit every season. There may be a few newbies, so just look at what the others do. All are welcome so bring your friends - it costs nothing to enter. You’re all playing for the kudos of winning, £80 prize money (so far) to the winner and to hopefully avoid the pointing and laughing that comes with finishing bottom. If anyone else feels like sweetening the pot just let me know.

I pick the games, mainly from the EFL, and avoid the Premier League like the plague. I’m trying to be a bit more formulaic this season by choosing games differently. Wherever possible I’ll go with the first, third, fifth and last of those kicking off at 3 o’clock in each appropriate Division according to the BBC. If that isn’t possible it’s my discretion, e.g. cup games where I’ll ignore those matches involving Prem teams. I avoid the Prem because this isn’t just about the teams that are always on the telly or players that are forever in the newspapers. It’s about the games where money isn’t everything.

I generally put the games up around Tuesday each week and entries should be in before kick-off for each game. I produce a league table after every week’s games. If points are the same, up to the final week I’ll put folk in reverse alphabetical order (it changes each season). If a game is postponed, I’ll award points when the game is eventually played. Probably important with covid still hanging about and global warming meaning that we get snow in August. Possibly.

HOW TO PLAY

SO…. In each of the three groups try and forecast the results of two of the games and the final scores of the other two. It’s that simple.
    Three points are awarded for correct scores. One point is given for each correct result. If a score prediction is wrong but you got the result correct you’ll get a point for that too. You’ll catch on quickly but remember it’s a marathon lasting 40 weeks. Good luck.

GROUP A
    Blackburn v Swansea A
    Cardiff v Barnsley H
    Luton v Peterborough 1-1
    Stoke v Reading 2-0

GROUP B
    Bolton v MK Dons H
    Crewe v Cheltenham H
    Fleetwood v Portsmouth 0-2
    Wycombe v Accrington 0-0

GROUP C
    Carlisle v Colchester 1-1
    Forest Green v Sutton H
    Hartlepool v Crawley H
    Tranmere v Walsall 2-0
    Cheers

GROUP A
    Blackburn v Swansea 1-3
    Cardiff v Barnsley 2 - 0
    Luton v Peterborough a
    Stoke v Reading h

GROUP B
    Bolton v MK Dons h
    Crewe v Cheltenham h
    Fleetwood v Portsmouth 2 - 0
    Wycombe v Accrington 1 - 3

GROUP C
    Carlisle v Colchester 3 - 0
    Forest Green v Sutton 2-2
    Hartlepool v Crawley h
    Tranmere v Walsall h

GROUP A
    Blackburn v Swansea 2-1
    Cardiff v Barnsley 1-1
    Luton v Peterborough d
    Stoke v Reading a

GROUP B
    Bolton v MK Dons h
    Crewe v Cheltenham h
    Fleetwood v Portsmouth 1-2
    Wycombe v Accrington 1-3

GROUP C
    Carlisle v Colchester 2-2
    Forest Green v Sutton h
    Hartlepool v Crawley d
    Tranmere v Walsall 2-1

"£80 plus Piglet's special prize"*

Of course, always worth winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    "£80 plus Piglet's special prize"*
    I still have reservations about receiving something through the post from piglet tbh

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyblue View Post
    GROUP A
    Blackburn v Swansea 1-2
    Cardiff v Barnsley 2-0
    Luton v Peterborough AW
    Stoke v Reading HW

GROUP B
    Bolton v MK Dons AW
    Crewe v Cheltenham HW
    Fleetwood v Portsmouth 0-2
    Wycombe v Accrington 1-2

GROUP C
    Carlisle v Colchester 2-0
    Forest Green v Sutton 2-0
    Hartlepool v Crawley AW
    Tranmere v Walsall HW

Thanks Griff

Blackdogblue has accepted my challenge to go head to head a second time,I'm not bothered where I finish as long as it's above him 😎

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)