+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland to Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by ScotinUSA View Post
    Wont chance him getting injured and any deal called off.
    Championship Shankland was a hero and it is sad that we couldnt be there to tell him last season, maybe that would have been the difference from his form that has continued to slide. Last 10+ games he has failed to flatter, even he control, first touch and thoughts seemed so far away from his teammates.

Even when he was getting little or no service, he still got stuck in and created possesion for us.

I am happy to see him go, but if its to hearts..... I will stop the happy clapping.. promise as thats real public evidence of poor management, rather than the smoke up the lum most are aluding to...

Should this not be part of the transfer rumour thread

Hopefully false but wouldn't be surprising giving the route the club decided to go and lack of signings so far

See the McCallum the sports lawyer has now left

Things seem to have been running well until covid, then Brannigan left, Neilson etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    That’s the thing though, it was always part of the plan to bring through the youth, develop them further in the first team and sell them on. He took on the contract knowing that was the plan, then lies to the fan base and slinks out as soon as he gets another offer, so he must’ve agreed to the vision when he took the job on, just used United until his beloved tranphukkinmere came back for him, absolute kunt in my book!
    So MM fkd off from hi beloved Tranmere to manage a team knowing youth was the plan/way forward for a season then fkd off back to his beloved Tranmere.

This doesn't make sense? If Tranmere were so beloved to him then why didn't he just stay there?

You seem to be the only person on this forum that thinks this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    That’s the thing though, it was always part of the plan to bring through the youth, develop them further in the first team and sell them on. He took on the contract knowing that was the plan, then lies to the fan base and slinks out as soon as he gets another offer, so he must’ve agreed to the vision when he took the job on, just used United until his beloved tranphukkinmere came back for him, absolute kunt in my book!
    Second time ive seen you put this forward, but there has been nothing since the last time i read it to make it more believable.

I think where my main issue is is the apparent lack of joined up thinking with the transfer policy. I get why Carson has been brought in - they’re expecting to sell Benji let’s not kid ourselves. And that’s fine.

But having already lost, and known they were going to lose McNulty at a minimum, then why no replacement for at least him knowing that Shankland was also the obvious No2 candidate currently for selling? We’re now shortly about to be not one but TWO strikers down and the season has already started. I think I’m correct in saying that McNulty was released by Reading and is without a club? What’s the betting that’s who TA was talking about in terms of an immediate replacement. And if it is, why was he not brought in earlier seeing as we could afford both Shanks and McNulty last season but not this one? In other words why do we have to wait to sell Shankland before getting in another striker?

Jamie Walker plus cash seemingly but Walker not keen on going

Theres more Utd rumours on Kickback than there is on every Utd forum:

Shankland to Hearts for £300K.

Walker offered plus cash but he isn't keen.

Fuchs linked.

Certain backroom staff haven't been paid this month, hence why we're trying to offload a high earner.

Our Head of Administration and Legal Affairs left today.

Would appear the last one isn't a rumour.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...TANNADICE.html

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I've heard that Beirshot from Belgium have put an offer in for Shankland.
    You heard correctly mate,well played they have bid 500K.

Dundee United are mulling over an offer from Belgian top-flight side Beerschot for striker Lawrence Shankland.

A verbal bid - reported to be £500,000 - was received on Wednesday and United are expecting a formal written approach to be submitted.

Should that happen, the matter will be discussed with owner Mark Ogren when he visits Scotland this week.

Shankland, who has a year left on his contract, is thought to be open to exploring a move to Belgium.

The Scotland international, who missed out on a place in the squad for Euro 2020 after an underwhelming first full season in the Scottish Premiership, has been in talks about extending his United deal.

English sides Ipswich Town and MK Dons have also reportedly been monitoring the striker, who has scored three times this term.
    Report from the BBC, have bolded an interesting part that I haven't heard anyone mention yet

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)