Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
So what are Bruce's different strengths and attributes? In every coaching/managerial post, he has ever had since being a player, I don't see any strengths or attributes or any coaching skills or any vision or any tactical aptitude.

Just how has he ever got to the positions he has got to without very little success in managerial/coaching posts.

I can only think that it was because he was a fairly big name in his playing days at Manure.

That does not qualify anyone for anything in my mind.
Jobs for the boys, Pat.

Bruce is a genial bullshitter who has an excuse for everything (none of which involve him) and he probably comes across well in interview with his softly-spoken, slightly self-deprecating 'I'm just a canny bloke' act. You'd thinkthe hardened businessmen who run clubs wouldn't fall for it but, somehow, they do...time after time he gets employed.

It's the same with his buddies in the media...he has ex-pros falling over themselves to defend him, demanding we show him the respect he deserves after the outstanding job he's done.

It defies explanation, really. He is, statistically, the worst manager ever in the prem with over 300 games and we were bottom or second last for every meamingful stat or metric last season. And as for his coaches, he picks them either because they're called Steve or because they're his football mates and absolutely nothing to do with how capable they are or the fantastic job they've done elsewhere.

Anyone would think that strategy would backfire because players wouldn't improve, performances would be shit and players would get injured because of outdated training methods but that hasn't happened here...

Ah, no, wait...