+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leya signs !!!

Even more drivvle ,, haha , nobody on here knows much about the new signings , apart from Benson who seems to have the right credentials , his formative years suggest's he will be a top player at some point ? However we have had similar hyped up players before , some on loan from Big Clubs eg Danny Crowley , now having trials with Cheltenham ? They don't seem too keen to sign him up permanently , I don't get this hype abart these beljun lads , how long will it take for them to settle , firstly into a new country , secondly to hit the ground running ( awful much used expression ) or not given time by fans ( normal behaviour at oakwell for some ) a lot will be asked of these players , Benson apart , we won't know how good they are until they have had game time , which by all accounts these new striker's " haven't had much " how some get carried away by being 6ft + , yet neither of them reaching double figures, in god knows how many games between them amuses me ,,, tut tut ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Even more drivvle ,, haha , nobody on here knows much about the new signings , apart from Benson who seems to have the right credentials , his formative years suggest's he will be a top player at some point ? However we have had similar hyped up players before , some on loan from Big Clubs eg Danny Crowley , now having trials with Cheltenham ? They don't seem too keen to sign him up permanently , I don't get this hype abart these beljun lads , how long will it take for them to settle , firstly into a new country , secondly to hit the ground running ( awful much used expression ) or not given time by fans ( normal behaviour at oakwell for some ) a lot will be asked of these players , Benson apart , we won't know how good they are until they have had game time , which by all accounts these new striker's " haven't had much " how some get carried away by being 6ft + , yet neither of them reaching double figures, in god knows how many games between them amuses me ,,, tut tut ,
    Looking at this from the time we started with this data led approach to recruitment we've got about 50% right and 50% not as good .

We've unearthed some gems like Styles , Brittain , Andersen and Sibbick but there's as many Schmidt's , Thomas , Wilks and Moncur's too .

We are coming off a particularly good spell last season when the recruitment was very good but nobody but nobody nails this recruitment malarkey every time .

I sincerely hope the recruitment is spot on again this season and we aren't on the wrong side of the 50% .

Time will tell as you rightly say .

I think this signing spells the end of the road for Miller and possibly Adeboyejo too, although I think Victor will go out loan again?

We needed a proper midfielder that is proven. I'd have rather only made one signing.. a proven midfielder in the class of Howard, Hourihane or Mowatt. Not some unknown. I'd have liked that lad Fraser from MK Dons.

The website you mentioned Nudge where you have got the info that Iseka is our record signing presumably is Transfermarkt.

Their estimated value of a player is not the same as a transfer fee. They have Iseka valued at £2.25 million but a ? next to the transfer fee paid. Their estimates can be a bit odd. For example they have Benson valued at £360,000 but Frieser valued at £1.44 million.

I just hope he's decent and we don't end up playing at Leyar Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    We needed a proper midfielder that is proven. I'd have rather only made one signing.. a proven midfielder in the class of Howard, Hourihane or Mowatt. Not some unknown. I'd have liked that lad Fraser from MK Dons.
    I would expect this lad to Join Swansea now they have nicked Martin from MK.

I get the 50% hit rate.... but we only need 1 out of the 3 strikers to come good. 2 if were really lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The website you mentioned Nudge where you have got the info that Iseka is our record signing presumably is Transfermarkt.

Their estimated value of a player is not the same as a transfer fee. They have Iseka valued at £2.25 million but a ? next to the transfer fee paid. Their estimates can be a bit odd. For example they have Benson valued at £360,000 but Frieser valued at £1.44 million.

Frieser is probably worth that imo. He had a steady if unspectacular first season at Oakwell. A know tha dunt rate him as he was on your 'not so good' list. However, he's another young un finding his way and I saw enough of him last season to suggest he's a Championship quality footballer. I do expect an improvement from him this season and I think we'll see that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123