+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F ook Off Pereira

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Who'd be a manager in todays climate? A few harsh words from Val and perry produces a hissy fit. I suspect gone are the days when managers could manage with a few stiff words. Fergies hairdryer treatment is probably long gone and any manager trying it will no doubt find their players refusing to play due to mental health issues. Though not deriding poor mental health I have noticed a trend for this in sport of late

Your right Phil! Don't forget though Pereira came from humble beginnings so he says ( did dums ) and does not like Val being honest - poor little mite may think Val is a bully

The proof of the pudding is where are all these clubs lining up to sign him - he thinks he's too good for us which may be so ( on occasions ) but no Premier club is rushing for his signature!

I have been reading today that a deal has been agreed with the Saudi club for Pereira, £17m. Not enough, in my opinion, if it is true; it would make a mockery of legal contracts and the transfer system. Maybe Lai is worried that nobody is going to cough up £25m and has decided that he’ll take £17m rather than pocket nowt. Bad attitude by Pereira as far as I am concerned but bad attitudes are common amongst footballers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I have been reading today that a deal has been agreed with the Saudi club for Pereira, £17m. Not enough, in my opinion, if it is true; it would make a mockery of legal contracts and the transfer system. Maybe Lai is worried that nobody is going to cough up £25m and has decided that he’ll take £17m rather than pocket nowt. Bad attitude by Pereira as far as I am concerned but bad attitudes are common amongst footballers these days.
    Something not right about this deal… 17 Million is way under valued even in this market, brown envelopes and a Chinese takeaway me thinks….

He's been handed out a squad number for this season. If things go pear shaped, after a bit of humble pie expect him to play some part this season. Its happened with a few players over the years.

I pray it isn't just 17m! That would be robbery and gives him the same value as Grant!

Manager was right, the only think he was committed to was the money. Greedy *******, I hope that he regrets this move in the future.

Don’t like all this bad mouthing Pereria
    He contributed lots to our club and was pivotal to our promotion and was our best outfield player last year so telling him to F Off is out of order.
    Honestly how many of us would have chosen the money. Football is not a service to humanity, it is game. The lad is from the other side of the world probably from a poor family. As he said it provides him with financial security, so good luck to the lad.
    My only concern is the wellbeing of the Club. I don’t care where he goes as long as his TRUE value is realised and funds are reinvested.
    That’s why I am suspicious of this deal and the reports of a ridiculously low fee being offered for him.
    The fee is undisclosed

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Don’t like all this bad mouthing Pereria
    He contributed lots to our club and was pivotal to our promotion and was our best outfield player last year so telling him to F Off is out of order.
    Honestly how many of us would have chosen the money. Football is not a service to humanity, it is game. The lad is from the other side of the world probably from a poor family. As he said it provides him with financial security, so good luck to the lad.
    My only concern is the wellbeing of the Club. I don’t care where he goes as long as his TRUE value is realised and funds are reinvested.
    That’s why I am suspicious of this deal and the reports of a ridiculously low fee being offered for him.
    The fee is undisclosed
    That might be true and I can see what you are saying but Pareira has bad mouthed the gaffer and the club stating that he was disrespected when that's exactly what he is doing here. Val was simply stating that Pareira wasnt committed. When you are looking to move elsewhere that's exactly the case. Val is focused and Pareira is out of the picture. All Pareira had to do was respectfully hand in a transfer request without all the media hype and sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    That might be true and I can see what you are saying but Pareira has bad mouthed the gaffer and the club stating that he was disrespected when that's exactly what he is doing here. Val was simply stating that Pareira wasnt committed. When you are looking to move elsewhere that's exactly the case. Val is focused and Pareira is out of the picture. All Pareira had to do was respectfully hand in a transfer request without all the media hype and sympathy.

Good post Boingy and so true. There’s a right way and a wrong way. Ben Foster chose the right way and he’s still a hero! Pereira slagged off Val and said he felt disrespected but the only commitment he was after was the money! The boys brain can’t be that big as that Saudi side will be no better than Walsall so perhaps he could have sold his ring piece for big bucks too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)