+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F ook Off Pereira

[QUOTE=baggieal;39832858]The positive response - is I will play for West Brom and give them 100% until such time as West Brom and another club come to a mutually agreeable deal! Did he say this - did he hell!!

His body language stinks as does his little sulks which were there on occasions last season! Can you imagine an employee behaving like this with a large company?

Why is Ben Foster still a hero? There’s a right way and a poor way to make your intentions known! Foster took the right way!

Slamming a new manager ( Val ) even if he thinks it’s justified is poor for the club - poor for supporters and poor for player morale!

I have always said I would rather have a player who is not so good but gives 100% for the team! Not some big Billy Bollox!!

Pereira and Johnstone - you might think you are the bees knees but with the right sum of money - we don’t need you!! As Val said - we don’t need the best players but the right players and I agree with that!

Too slam Val is poor! As Kets said - these
    T wats don’t like it when supporters slam the complete bollox of taking the knee but it’s ok for them to have pound notes in front of their eyes!

I say it again - Ollie Watkins is twice the player and for sure the West Ham supporters will have wanted Lingard over Pereira! Being great some games and not every game is not enough - remember Koumas and the brilliant Sessegnon!

[QUOTE=baggieal;39832858]The positive response - is I will play for West Brom and give them 100% until such time as West Brom and another club come to a mutually agreeable deal! Did he say this - did he hell!!

His body language stinks as does his little sulks which were there on occasions last season! Can you imagine an employee behaving like this with a large company?

Why is Ben Foster still a hero? There’s a right way and a poor way to make your intentions known! Foster took the right way!

Slamming a new manager ( Val ) even if he thinks it’s justified is poor for the club - poor for supporters and poor for player morale!

Some of these t o s s e r s make me really angry.

Like very many thousands of players I was mediocre at best but I gave it absolutely everything and even at 43 when I finally called it a day I still chased every lost cause.

Played my last 11 a side match as a one off at 48 and still couldn’t help but run after everything.

I just don’t understand the mindset of people in life who can’t be a r s e d be it a footballer or anyone in any profession.

To be a footballer is a privilege and to bite the hand that feeds so well is just such a poor look.

I think he miss heard Val. He was just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I think the contrary, I think it was a good response from Periera

If he wants to leave fine, but if we are not adequately rewarded he should play - “ I don’t want to leave the club through the back door, that was never my plan or intention, quite the contrary. I want the club to be adequately rewarded for believing in me and supporting me for two seasons”
    “I want to leave, I want to seek new experiences, but want to do this in a fair and correct manner. I will be forever grateful to WBA, to its fans and to every single professional who works at the club and who welcomed me with open arms.”

Sounds fair to me

Whoever wants him should cough up the correct amount and if not he stays I’m sure we will get stuck in and play not go on strike
    We shouldn’t be labelling him uncommitted, we can if he refuses to play or can’t be arsed in the championship
    Agree what else is he supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Agree what else is he supposed to do?

Just say he’s committed to West Brom and he’s happy to be a West Brom player until his employer and another club say otherwise! That’s the professional line.

To blast a new manager four days before the first match does nothing for player morale!

If he was that good a few Premier clubs would be lining up for him - they are not!! He’s decent but half the player of Ollie Watkins!

Seems like there’s no queue for Johnstone either! Why?

I was disappointed to read his untimely comments about our new manager. No doubt the truth of his transfer situation is subject to media speculation. Notwithstanding, he has gone down in my estimation, but I wish him all the best, particularly as he has burnt his boat at WBA.

It's obvious that he wants to leave and I don't have a problem with that. However, to say that he is committed and then doesn't want to be selected for pre season friendlies doesn't tie up with that statement. He is worth £20 million plus and we must hold out for that. We mustn't sell him on the cheap.

Who'd be a manager in todays climate? A few harsh words from Val and perry produces a hissy fit. I suspect gone are the days when managers could manage with a few stiff words. Fergies hairdryer treatment is probably long gone and any manager trying it will no doubt find their players refusing to play due to mental health issues. Though not deriding poor mental health I have noticed a trend for this in sport of late

I wonder if Sunday morning football is falling prey to this culture?

I was very much in the Fergie mould when I ran my blokes side......I’ve had lads offering me out and calling me a c u n t when I’ve gotten stuck into them during games🤣

We’ve all ended up as mates though and laugh about it now.

I was a c u n t actually.....especially as like Fergie I wasn’t fit to lace their boots🤣

Strangely though, 20 years later they still call me “gaffer” and most say they most enjoyed playing Sunday football under me despite the verbal rucks.

Mutual respect I guess because we all actually cared about it so much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)