+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phillips as CF??

Phillips as CF??

Have not seen any of the friendliest or read too much unfortunately
    But is Phillips really going to play as a CF ? With Grant and Diangana on the wings

I’m a bit confused by this to be honest
    Never really seen him as a CF, why not Robinson he such much more agile, has much more pace. Seems to be underused to be honest think with his confidence up he could be a good player at Champ level also Grant was purchased at silly money why not let him play the position rather than play Phillips in there

I’m also very underwhelmed by the contracts, Phillips, Furlong, Bartley and some free transfers and let Periera go and don’t even try to show some ambition
    Think we are setting up for that mid champ club Roland said we were

Hope im proved wrong

I see Phillips as a center forward much more than Robinson. Much more powerful. Diangana and Robinson despite their skills are quite lightweight. Just needs a good mentality for the job. If Val can give him that belief he could be very good.

Hope you are right Boingy
    Haven’t seen him play there just never took me as his position
    I thought Robinson was a better dribbler and ran the channels and able to chase a high ball behind the defenders better than Phillips will, who I think is limited in mobility, but maybe he is better and holding up and bringing wingers into play

Looks like Val saw sense

COYB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)