+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike rigg

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I wonder what the job vacancy description is like.
    Head of recruitment at a skint Premier League Club
    The candidate must be able to sign potential PL defenders and goalkeepers from a variety of sources but must fall within the clubs remit:cheap.
    Foreign language skills not required as the club prefers home grown talent and Irish players.
    The preferred candidate must be experienced in tough negotiations and be hard faced(offering £8m for players valued at £20m being a base to work from)
    A generous renumeration package is included consisting of 50 weeks paid holiday/year as the club prefers to do last minute bargain deals in the two transfer windows.
    As my old mum was fond of saying, 'many a true word spoken in jest'. Good stuff CiB.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As my old mum was fond of saying, 'many a true word spoken in jest'. Good stuff CiB.
    We may be underestimating the Pace/Dyche alliance. Word from my "inside source" is that new arrivals are imminent.

He claims a "very decent winger" is first up.

I'm not holding my breath, because it's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We may be underestimating the Pace/Dyche alliance. Word from my "inside source" is that new arrivals are imminent.

Me neither BT as Messi signed a new 5 year deal with Barcelona yesterday by which time he will be 40.

Brilliant BT ,

I’m not going to hold my breath if I’m honest .

Little friend of mine who knows in the know at BFC , told me we are heavily investing in digital advertising as it’s very lucrative apparently, also at the back end of last season our digital display failed ( well a section of it ) whilst displaying a well known beer brand - apparently it cost BFC £40 k for that little mishap - so god knows how much they’re paying to advertise on the boards.

I think we’re concentrating on selling display space it’s far more lucrative than buying players to keep us in this league.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Brilliant BT ,

I’m not going to hold my breath if I’m honest .

Little friend of mine who knows in the know at BFC , told me we are heavily investing in digital advertising as it’s very lucrative apparently, also at the back end of last season our digital display failed ( well a section of it ) whilst displaying a well known beer brand - apparently it cost BFC £40 k for that little mishap - so god knows how much they’re paying to advertise on the boards.

I think we’re concentrating on selling display space it’s far more lucrative than buying players to keep us in this league.

Just a thought.
    That is a shrewd move though, Army, because many Burnley fans would argue that it is more exciting watching the digital advertising displays than it is watching us play football so who can blame the owners for trying to add to the enjoyment of the fans' day.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I wonder what the job vacancy description is like.
    Head of recruitment at a skint Premier League Club
    The candidate must be able to sign potential PL defenders and goalkeepers from a variety of sources but must fall within the clubs remit:cheap.
    Foreign language skills not required as the club prefers home grown talent and Irish players.
    The preferred candidate must be experienced in tough negotiations and be hard faced(offering £8m for players valued at £20m being a base to work from)
    A generous renumeration package is included consisting of 50 weeks paid holiday/year as the club prefers to do last minute bargain deals in the two transfer windows.
    Brilliant CIB

As he signed yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As he signed yet ?
    No, but I've had one taxi especially washed and polished. A right winger is inbound - make no mistake.

Other 'Key' backroom staff also leaving........

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Other 'Key' backroom staff also leaving........
    A new broom sweeps clean, Rigg was fairly useless and our media outage was way below bang average.

Inbounds seem imminent both on and off the pitch, here's hoping it all works out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)