+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Bulwell silver medal

O/T:- Bulwell silver medal

Emily Jade Campbell has put Bulwell on the map by winning a silver medal at weight lifting in Tokyo.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-08-2021 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Emily Jade Campbell has put Bulwell on the map by winning a silver medal at weight lifting in Tokyo.
    Brilliant!

The first British female weightlifter to win an Olympic medal. Wow! Well done young lady.

I love the Olympics where I sit enthralled watching sports that I only watch every 4 years and know nothing about.

Loved watching the two young ladies who won BMX gold medals.

Bulwell done well.

It was good to see a woman win the women's event as well.

The girl done good, and to think she only started weightlifting 5 years ago. Fantastic achievement

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Absolutely. Although it would at least have made people realise what's going on in women's sport if 'Laurel' Hubbard had won. In case some of you aren't aware, that's the 43 year old male who took a woman weightlifters' place at these Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Absolutely. Although it would at least have made people realise what's going on in women's sport if 'Laurel' Hubbard had won. In case some of you aren't aware, that's the 43 year old male who took a woman weightlifters' place at these Olympics.
    I think most people do realise , they are just terrified of being labelled as transphobes.

Non binary pronoun, and testosterone reduction, and you'll see Steve Redgrave in women's rowing next.

Totally unfair to women, and not just in sport .

I thought the lady from Bulwell was a breath of fresh air . A credit to herself, and everyone connected

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think most people do realise , they are just terrified of being labelled as transphobes.

Non binary pronoun, and testosterone reduction, and you'll see Steve Redgrave in women's rowing next.

Totally unfair to women, and not just in sport .

I thought the lady from Bulwell was a breath of fresh air . A credit to herself, and everyone connected
    She was absolutely fantastic I agree, joyful to watch.

I hope people do realise what's happening. It's a disgrace and it's come to something when people are afraid to say you cant change ***.

Your example of Steve Redgrave is a good one. Or Usain Bolt? Chris Hoy? They could all compete as women should they choose, as long as they reduce their testosterone. Yesterday BBC news did a section on this subject, including the views of Fallon Fox who is a transgender MMA fighter (as part of the pro male inclusion in women's sports view).

The delightful Fallon once fractured a woman's skull in a fight and this is what Fallon had to say about that:

"For the record I knocked two out. One woman's skull was fractured, the other not. And just so you know, I enjoyed it. See I love smacking up TERFS in the cage who talk transphobic nonsense. It's bliss. Don't be mad".

As you say, it's not just sport. We have people like Karen White in women's prisons. What could possibly go wrong when you put a male *** offender in a confined space with imprisoned women?